Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 08-28-11, 12:35 AM   #1
BluChunx

BluChunx is on a distinguished road

Default Rosarito in English: CNR Channel 54

I am broadcasting a half hour news program in English now on what is otherwise a Spanish channel. It's on cable (95 on Multicable). The main focus is Rosarito.

The idea is to provide stories that most people don't find in their regular English mainstream media, and to add details that they will find interesting and useful. It is also intended to help get positive news out to folks such as potential tourists and retirees.

They posted one of the recent programs on their YouTube site:

We plan to add an interview program as well. If anyone has experience doing interviews, or wants to refer a good interview subject, please contact me. So far, we have done an interview with Gil Sperry about his founding of the Rosarito Mariachi Festival, and his detailed knowledge of mariachi history.

I hope that, as we go along, we'll be able to get the news onto YouTube promptly, especially considering so many expats don't subscribe to cable.

Personally, I'm getting a huge education in Spanish language, and experience improvising in front of the camera, so it's a great experience. The staff are very positive and helpful.

It's an evolving project, so whatever the limitations are now, we're working to refine it as we go along. But, so far, the feedback has been very positive.

As for the legal issues: this is a volunteer project. I do have permission, to provide psychotherapy and other mental health services in Mexico, though.

Saludos,

- Bob

Robert Yourell
Old 08-28-11, 06:52 AM   #2
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Rosarito in English: CNR Channel 54

Good luck ... hope it works for ya....
Old 08-28-11, 08:49 AM   #3
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Here's what you can expect to hear:

NCFM Baja Liaison Robert Yourell scheduled to become Mexicos first English-language newscaster! | National Coalition For Men (NCFM)

Last edited by BajaGringo; 08-28-11 at 08:53 AM. Reason: It's what I know you meant to say... '-)
Bajahowodd
This message has been deleted by Marty Cortez.
Old 08-29-11, 05:00 AM   #4
BluChunx

BluChunx is on a distinguished road

What you can expect to hear is what you hear when you listen to the broadcast (the link is to a program). News and helpful information for the English-speaking community in Rosarito.

As for the National Coalition for men, I probably don't fit whatever stereotype you have of them. If anything, I'm kind of a fly in the ointment, because I'm vocal in criticizing rhetoric that I think is alienating people they should be building credibility with. On the other hand, some of them are making good headway on the legal front. They've done very challenging, time-consuming, costly work.
Old 08-29-11, 09:08 AM   #5
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

"...warm Pacific water..."

A bit of artistic license with that phrase perhaps.

In general, considerably colder than San Diego just an hour's drive north. It is a very rare day indeed when you can use just a spring suit(short arms/legs); usually a full wetsuit needed to be comfortable.
Old 08-29-11, 09:54 AM   #6
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

It is warm when compared to the Atlantic on the "other side"...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic