Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 10-06-11, 02:42 AM   #1
BluChunx

BluChunx is on a distinguished road

Default New CNR Rosarito News in English Program

I've posted the latest CNR Rosarito News in English program at

www.Yourell.com/news_mexico

Topics and On-The-Scene Video:

Top 4 Misconceptions about the Supreme Court Baja Abortion Decision (includes citizen interviews very favorable to the decision)

Gay Pride March and Health Fair (at least 300 participants, positive public reaction)

Migration into Rosarito (The number of documented immigrants in Rosarito is 8,703, total is about 20,000. Wow, undocumented aliens abound!)

3rd Annual Baja Sand, Sand Scupture Event

Rosarito Ensenada Bike Ride

Surfing Tournament
Old 10-06-11, 09:05 AM   #2
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New CNR Rosarito News in English Program

Wow, Bob; pretty nice production values. You have a very good presentation in front of the camera.

Had a good chuckle at the "surfers all over the world have heard about K-38" part... Funny because it's an okay wave, but there are much, much more impressive ones very close to it like Calafia on a big south swell, or Baja Malibu when it's clean and peaky.

I think you could go just a bit looser on the English translation. It looks like you're frequently going word-for-word from the Spanish source that is in subtitles.

Overall, very nice product/presentation. Thank you for posting that. I'll be tuning in from now on.
Old 10-06-11, 09:27 AM   #3
BluChunx

BluChunx is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New CNR Rosarito News in English Program

Thanks Marty.

Oh, about K-38, that was my comment from what I read here and there... so that goes to show the kind of errors that can happen for news that we don't research. There's always next year.

Once, I was pretty sleep-deprived and said there were 300 million people in Baja. I didn't even hear myself say it, because I know it's about 3 million. I cringed and called and had them edit that out!

And as for the text, yes sometimes I get last minute items and I don't have time to write a script. So I scribble notes after reading the material and talking to staff and have to improvise, that's where the delivery gets a bit jerky or I'll repeat some detail by mistake.

It's a good brain challenge, though!