Visas for travel and living in Baja California, Mexico FMM / FM3 / FM2 / Mexican Citizenship?

Old 08-30-11, 04:03 PM   #1
oladulce

oladulce is on a distinguished road

Default Fm2 renewal forms?

It's renewal time again and I'm stumped. I've spent the afternoon on Yucalandia, Rolly's, and Mex Connect and I'm still confused.

For our FM2 renewals, do we still need the:

"Formato Basico" (see the link for it here http://rollybrook.com/inm-forms.htm )

AND

the "Formato migratorio para trámites de estancia" http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page...ud_de_Estancia

Or do they only want the "Formato Migratorio" ?
Old 08-30-11, 04:57 PM   #2
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Confused Re: Fm2 renewal forms?

I'd probably fill out both, just in case. Last year they wanted the Formato Básico, and I assumed it was because of switching from booklet to card, but maybe not. As far as I know, the regulations and procedures haven't been published yet for the "new new" (May 2011) law, so my guess is that they'll follow last year's. But who knows?
Old 08-30-11, 05:47 PM   #3
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Fm2 renewal forms?

You guys go first, then Kate, then me....so you be sure to take good notes & pass them on down the line! I agree with Kate, until & unless they hammer down & publicize the new regulations, I'd expect it to be business as usual. I'd also expect an update of requirements to the online site, but I think we'll see changes in the INM office procedures before we'll see them on the site! Also agree that too much information won't have a negative impact on the process....like too little would!
Old 08-30-11, 05:57 PM   #4
oladulce

I was going to fill out both just in case but the only copy of the Formato Basico i can find is the version on Rolly's website and I wasn't sure if that was the most current version of the form.

I can't find the Formato Basico on the INM website anywhere and I thought maybe they eliminated it.

Since I posted my question this afternoon, I have completed our Formato Basico forms using Rolly's link and was able to fill it out and save a copy using Adobe Pro. Very convenient.

Next: If you need me, I'll be making a zillion copies of things..
Old 08-30-11, 06:09 PM   #5
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Last year they gave me the formato básico in the INM office and had me fill it out there. It almost seemed like an afterthought. I guess the worst that could happen if they don't like Rolly's version is to have you fill out their own.

You know the INM office has moved, right? Apparently it's on 5 de Febrero just past Forjadores going away from the bay. I keep meaning to check it out but so far haven't remembered when I'm out that way.
Old 09-10-11, 03:08 PM   #6
oladulce

Yes, they did want the Formato Basico and the "Formato Migratorio etc...".

Formato Migratorio is available on INM website via the link I posted and you can get a copy of the Formato Basico from the link to rolly's site.

Other info I learned (and of course this is for the La Paz office only):

If you are renewing an FM2 and you write your letter to the Delegado stating your intentions to "continue to live in Mexico from your financial resources obtained from abroad" and confirm that your status and living conditions remain unchanged from when you received your initial imigrante card, you do not need to provide your bank statements to prove income, or utility bills etc to prove your residency.

They only wanted the photo page of our passports this time too, so he returned lots and lots of copies to me.

Another reminder- do not take your photos wearing earrings of any kind, even small posts. They let me slide, but barely.

No evidence of the "new law " being enforced, in practice, or sign of plans for changes- at least nothing was obvious when we visited the La Paz office.