General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 07-26-09, 09:42 AM   #1
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Firefox was faster, safer and blocked pop-ups

I'd still recommend it.

"...someone interrupted to announce that in just a few hours, one million people had downloaded the new Firefox 3.5. The group erupted in cheers. (By the next afternoon, the number had topped six million.)..."

One thing I really like is how easy it is to customize it. I've got Download Helper which makes it possible to save YouTube and many other videos(hardly anybody provides a link to do that), and I've recently started using something called No Script, which gives you very fine control over what is executed when you visit a webpage.

There are plugins too that allow stuff like Quicktime, Adobe Reader, and Shockwave Flash to run in the browser instead of external programs as well.

Firefox Browser | Customize your Web with free add-ons
Old 07-26-09, 07:41 PM   #2
bajalou

bajalou is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Firefox was faster, safer and blocked pop-ups

Firefox 3.5.1 seems very good to me.- Ithe add-ons and extensions that I had in previous versions all work with this new one. Lots of good extensions.
Old 07-26-09, 07:58 PM   #3
bajalou

bajalou is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Firefox was faster, safer and blocked pop-ups

There are some sites that I could not access all the content with previous versions for Firefox (National Geographic for one) and had to open in a IE tab.

With 3.5.1, I can now open in FF tab and access all the content. Another improvement for me anyway.