Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 10-03-12, 02:01 PM   #1
Noticias

Noticias is on a distinguished road

Default Border Patrol Agent Nicholas Ivie Shot and Killed in Arizona

10/03/12 – U.S. Border Patrol Agent Nicholas Ivie was shot and killed*in the early hours of October 2, when he and two other agents responded to a sensor that went off a few miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border near Naco, Arizona. The three agents were fired upon while responding to the sensor shortly before … Read more

More...
Old 10-03-12, 05:00 PM   #2
SOD

SOD is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Border Patrol Agent Nicholas Ivie Shot and Killed in Arizona

Mexican troops arrest two in killing of U.S. border agent: officials
Old 10-06-12, 04:20 PM   #3
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Is this the event that is now a possible "friendly fire?"
Old 10-06-12, 04:37 PM   #4
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

You gotta wonder about some of the details, but yes.

Border agents in likely 'friendly fire' were about 20 yards apart - latimes.com
Old 10-06-12, 06:01 PM   #5
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez
You gotta wonder about some of the details, but yes.

Border agents in likely 'friendly fire' were about 20 yards apart - latimes.com
That's a shame. Hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys? I also read the group of CIA agents ambushed in their SUV's outside Mexico City was a cartel hit, not a Police error. Sometimes it's hard to tell who the bad guys really are.
Old 10-06-12, 11:31 PM   #6
Nemo55

Nemo55 is on a distinguished road

Ok,,well i know this is gonna sound a bit novel,, but howz about bringing all the boys and girls home from Hellganistan and put them on the border between Mexico and Then Canada,,I would be willing to bet the drug trafficking would disappear within a month.
Or is that too Logical,,,?????
I mean Shit!!!! enough is enough,,,time to end this screwball game the politico's are playin once and for all.
Old 10-07-12, 12:07 AM   #7
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo55
Ok,,well i know this is gonna sound a bit novel,, but howz about bringing all the boys and girls home from Hellganistan and put them on the border between Mexico and Then Canada,,I would be willing to bet the drug trafficking would disappear within a month.
I mean Shit!!!! enough is enough,,,time to end this screwball game the politico's are playin once and for all.
We don't seem to have enough civilian jobs for them all right now, so that's a good idea for at least two reasons. If you're going to move some rock and build a wall- can we bring some of the $2Billion in "nation building" equipment back we abandonedd to do it? :)
Old 10-07-12, 08:02 AM   #8
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo55
Because militarizing the border is tantamount to an act of war and the memory of our last act of war towards Mexico is still fresh in their minds.
Mexico would cry like a nation full of Pakistanis if that happened and we would more than likely see the border gates close in our faces.

Good idea, none the less....although it wouldn't stop the drugs coming through on container ships which is a huge amount of the total.

My thoughts toward a resolution would be to dig a wide "irrigation canal" between countrys......load it with Orcas and call it Seaworld South.
Old 10-07-12, 09:02 AM   #9
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Because militarizing the border is tantamount to an act of war and the memory of our last act of war towards Mexico is still fresh in their minds.
Mexico would cry like a nation full of Pakistanis if that happened and we would more than likely see the border gates close in our faces.

Good idea, none the less....although it wouldn't stop the drugs coming through on container ships which is a huge amount of the total.

My thoughts toward a resolution would be to dig a wide "irrigation canal" between countrys......load it with Orcas and call it Seaworld South.
Sea World south.. lol It's warm enough down there to make the worlds longest gator wildlife refuge canal too. What an attraction and you'll never have to feed them. Just kidding- of course. Just a triple fence and some drones will be fine.
Old 10-07-12, 09:21 AM   #10
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
I also read the group of CIA agents ambushed in their SUV's outside Mexico City was a cartel hit, not a Police error.
A good friend who has family members in very high places in government here tells me a slightly different/expanded version of the story:

The US currently has Mexican-American troops deployed here working with the Mexican military - all Spanish speaking, armed, well trained and blend in easily. The cartels know this and his version of the story is that the two CIA officers attacked were working closely with the deployed American troops.

The cartel's plan was to spread the rumour that a high ranking narco was travelling in that Landcruiser; thinking that the news of the attack on two CIA agents would lead to an investigation revealing the fact that armed American troops are currently operating on Mexico soil, creating public outrage.

He said that proof of that was the very limited response by both Mexico and the US after the attack. They both want this to just go away.

It sounds plausible but I am sure that we will probably never hear the full story...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 10-07-12, 11:17 AM   #11
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
A good friend who has family members in very high places in government here tells me a slightly different/expanded version of the story:

The US currently has Mexican-American troops deployed here working with the Mexican military - all Spanish speaking, armed, well trained and blend in easily. The cartels know this and his version of the story is that the two CIA officers attacked were working closely with the deployed American troops.

The cartel's plan was to spread the rumour that a high ranking narco was travelling in that Landcruiser; thinking that the news of the attack on two CIA agents would lead to an investigation revealing the fact that armed American troops are currently operating on Mexico soil, creating public outrage.

He said that proof of that was the very limited response by both Mexico and the US after the attack. They both want this to just go away.

It sounds plausible but I am sure that we will probably never hear the full story...

We never know if we "really know" any more. Sounds plausible. I think the outrage of American Troops training and working within Mexico is purley academic and politcal at this point. The people are tired of the violence and the inabiity to get any part of the narco-run states under control. Tired enough to let the USA help out on Meixcan soil- probably. But the Mexican politicians know it's a third rail and it would be hard to openly support it imho.
Old 10-07-12, 01:09 PM   #12
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
We never know if we "really know" any more. Sounds plausible. I think the outrage of American Troops training and working within Mexico is purley academic and politcal at this point. The people are tired of the violence and the inabiity to get any part of the narco-run states under control. Tired enough to let the USA help out on Meixcan soil- probably. But the Mexican politicians know it's a third rail and it would be hard to openly support it imho.
So very true...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic