General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 11-01-12, 10:13 AM   #1
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default Halloween in Rosarito Beach...

Although there was a local government campaign to do away with the Americanized version of Halloween in Baja California, the kids love of free candy won out.

Here's a photo-grab of Alonzo passing out candy to the kids with our street bumper to bumper with cars. He went through 700 pieces of chocolate in 90 minutes and probably another 500 kids came by after we ran out (some of the "kids" are pretty big too). Luckily the kids don't do "tricks" when you run out of candy.

It's one of the few nights all the neighbors come out and say "HI" to each other and the local kids who are walked around by their parents early in the evening get special treats.

[/IMG]
Old 11-02-12, 04:56 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Halloween in Rosarito Beach...

When we lived in Rosarito we would get lots of kids coming by too. Down here in San Quintin they talk about it but most seemed much more focused On November1st/2nd. My guess it is only a matter of time before it makes its way down here...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 11-02-12, 04:45 PM   #3
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Halloween in Rosarito Beach...

Halloween is pretty much a non-event in central La Paz. A few kids in costume stop for treats at stores and restaurants along the Malecón, but in five years I've yet to have any come to my door. I do have wrapped candy ready just in case, but I always end up eating it myself. Nowhere near 700 pieces, though, LOL!!