Visas for travel and living in Baja California, Mexico FMM / FM3 / FM2 / Mexican Citizenship?

Old 12-15-12, 12:17 AM   #1
BluChunx

BluChunx is on a distinguished road

Default The effect of having a business on visa app - my experience

Hi, I renewed my FM2 and the new income requirements were in place, but they didn't need to look at my income because of my registered business. For those with incomes that don't meet the criteria, but who have time before renewal, getting a small business started might serve as a way to maintain the FM visa, and legally. Maybe others can confirm that this is happening for other folks? It would also help if you suffered a decrease in your income that took you below the required amount.

No guarantees they won't change this, but it's what I experienced this time around. Another bright note is that for the small service business, the taxes are exclusively state and are not very costly. This was in Rosarito.
Old 01-28-13, 09:36 AM   #2
BajaGoodLife

BajaGoodLife is on a distinguished road

Default Re: The effect of having a business on visa app - my experience

We're just going through the renewal process ourselves. We're into the final year on the FM-2, but it's now called "temporary resident". After that, we get the permanent resident.

We're also in Rosarito and also have a business (S.A. de C.V.). In our case, they didn't ask to see any proof of income or even ask if it had gone down, up or stayed the same. They didn't care if we had a business.

I guess that's kind of typical for Mexico - different answer on a different day.
Old 01-28-13, 01:38 PM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: The effect of having a business on visa app - my experience

That is why so many down here do exactly just that - when they don't get the answer they want they just go to a different window or come back another day.

I am sloooowly learning....

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic