Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 12-27-12, 07:47 PM   #1
mrrssy

mrrssy is on a distinguished road

Default knew stuff...not really !!!

...Ive been following this site for awhile now and have gleaned some valuabble info amonst the crap. To be perfectly honest, I am looking for an answer that I am unlikely to recieve. It seems one has to pay one's dues at every step of the way in this life...it's quite apparent that the same holds true with Mexico. I am a Veteran with a Pension that CANNOT live in th good ole USA any longer. An old school vet from the 60's, sick, dissallusioned and fed up with So Cal existence. Actually I'm quite blessed all things considered, and have a last gasp chance with my Pension to live in PARAdise ( it's all relative ) ... beans 'n rice 'n beaches... an FM2's 3's etc. etc....ad fin... I KNOW with the expat disembarkation and subsequent vaccum, there must be an opportunity to find a way. I need some HELP !!!

Last edited by mrrssy; 01-02-13 at 06:57 PM. Reason: tiresome
Old 12-27-12, 08:06 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: knew stuff...not really !!!

Plenty of folks here willing to offer you some advise; just not exactly where you would like to begin???

And welcome to the forum...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
mrrssy
This message has been deleted by mrrssy.
Old 12-28-12, 09:36 AM   #3
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrssy
... I am a Veteran with a Pension that CANNOT live in th good ole USA any longer. An old school vet from the 60's, sick, dissallusioned and fed up with So Cal existence. Actually I'm quite blessed all things considered, and have a last gasp chance with my Pension to live in PARAdise ( it's all relative ) ... beans 'n rice 'n beaches... an FM2's 3's etc. etc....ad fin... I KNOW with the expat disembarkation and subsequent vaccum, there must be an opportunity to find a way. I need some HELP !!!
Is yours retirement or disability?
Which ever it is, along with your disgust for So.Cal, you should be able to make it down here.
What about Social Security? You should be there by now.

Whatever you do, don't seperate yourself from veterans health care. San Quintin is still within reach of La Jolla if the shit hits the fan. That's one part of So. Cal you may appreciate some day.
mrrssy
Old 12-28-12, 05:50 PM   #4
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrssy
...thanks for the response to my disjointed post...now I have a Disability Pension and my S.S. will kick-in Dec 9 2013...the documentation (for Visa purposes) should be acceptable as far as the new FM-3 rules are concerned,
That's good. You can collect both

No more FM3. It's Tourist.....Temporary Resident or Permanant Resident.
mrrssy
Old 12-28-12, 07:23 PM   #5
DENNIS

Glad to be of help. I'm a Vet on disability as well.
If you have questions, fire away.
Old 12-28-12, 07:58 PM   #6
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

I suggest you consider renting a furnished place for a short while. That will give you a chance to give you a feel for the place without any long term commitments. From there you can better decide for the long term...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
mrrssy
Old 12-29-12, 01:08 PM   #7
BohemiaBeerBash

BohemiaBeerBash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
I suggest you consider renting a furnished place for a short while. That will give you a chance to give you a feel for the place without any long term commitments. From there you can better decide for the long term...
Good advice...also given your budget you might want to consider someplace with some security or at least gated controlled access. Some neighborhoods are better than others so don't rent longterm until you check out the situation. Also make sure you check out the property you might be renting and make sure most of the things you want are operational. Nothing like being stuck with a hefty deposit and you have to move out. Most rentals require you have at least your first months rent plus an additional month of security deposit. Also be prepared that utilities are slightly more expensive than in the states (Water, electricity, propane gas).
mrrssy
Old 01-16-13, 01:48 PM   #8
MonarchSalt

MonarchSalt is on a distinguished road

Hi there MRRSSY! IAlot of good responses to your questions! I agree with BajaGringo on checkin places out. I definitely plan to scout a 30 mile strip...just need to get a plan on paper...hotels..guide...etc.
Old 01-21-13, 11:11 AM   #9
beachbum

beachbum is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. Are you living in Mexico now?