General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 01-22-13, 09:48 AM   #1
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Default Appliance repair-Rosarito Beach Area

Anyone know of a reliable person that repairs refrigerator ice makers and/or 4 ton home a/c units in the Rosarito Beach area. Thanks
Old 01-22-13, 10:26 AM   #2
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Appliance repair-Rosarito Beach Area

Hi Larry. Welcome to the board. I did have a good refrigeration guy here in Rosarito, but he's not in business any longer. If I find a contact for you, I will let you know. Sorry.

Old 01-22-13, 12:03 PM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

There was a guys who sold used appliances on the south side of the free road, just about a 1/4 mile from the toll road exit - he would also make house calls and once fixed a garage fridge we had. Very nice guy.

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 01-22-13, 12:29 PM   #4
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
There was a guys who sold used appliances on the south side of the free road, just about a 1/4 mile from the toll road exit - he would also make house calls and once fixed a garage fridge we had. Very nice guy.
Do you know if he is still there? If so, can you give me a description of his shop?
Old 01-22-13, 01:24 PM   #5
BajaGringo

I haven't lived in the area for over four years but his place always had a row of washing machines, refrigerators and stoves out front with a small office in the back...

Old 01-22-13, 02:38 PM   #6
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
Hi Larry. Welcome to the board. I did have a good refrigeration guy here in Rosarito, but he's not in business any longer.
Hey...Larry...arncha glad you asked?
Old 01-22-13, 05:55 PM   #7
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Hey...Larry...arncha glad you asked?
Yeah, the "welcome" was the important part, huh. The next poster will try to sell him a refrigerator...
Old 01-22-13, 08:32 PM   #8
Doc Rey

Doc Rey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Anyone know of a reliable person that repairs refrigerator ice makers and/or 4 ton home a/c units in the Rosarito Beach area. Thanks
Try F. Munoz, (661)612-2708, 044-(661)113-7630 cell.
Alberto Navarro (664)622-0644

From the San Antonio Del Mar H.O.A. website.
Old 01-23-13, 10:43 AM   #9
larry

Thanks, have you used either of these guys? Do you know where they are located or if they speak any English?
Thanks
Old 01-23-13, 09:33 PM   #10
Doc Rey

Doc Rey is on a distinguished road

Confused Re: Appliance repair-Rosarito Beach Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Thanks, have you used either of these guys? Do you know where they are located or if they speak any English?
Thanks
No. Sorry, haven't used either. Couple of good reviews on SADM web page.
Old 01-24-13, 08:20 AM   #11
BajaGringo

My guess is that if the SADM HOA recommends them, they probably speak English...

Old 02-02-13, 08:04 PM   #12
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Rey
Try F. Munoz, (661)612-2708, 044-(661)113-7630 cell.
Alberto Navarro (664)622-0644

From the San Antonio Del Mar H.O.A. website.
About the above reference....

As luck would have it, my Frigidaire refrigerator started acting up last night. What a SuperBowl Party horror story (not really). The digital display showed an error code of EF. I called the 800 number in the manual and was told EF stands for "evaporator fan" but they were backlogged a week on the part. So I called the Munoz number above and the guys showed up a few hours later. Nice guys, excellent English. They looked at the back of the refer and said it wasn't the evaporator fan, but a computer board that sends commands to the evaporator fan. They don't carry the part- but said I can find it on line for about $100 and they will install it. I priced it on-line for $85, but didn't buy it. So at that point I was looking at the fan arriving Thursday and Friday before it was up and running again. (We have a back up refer downstairs).

On a long shot I called the same repair guy I thought had gone out of business. His phone worked this time and he came over. He took the refer apart and used a tester. He determined the computer board was fine, it was the evaporator fan that was bad. He had a used one in the truck and installed it- for the cost of the new part on line.

So I am back up and running today, not next week. Actually if I used the first guy I would have received the $85 part and then still needed to buy and wait for an evaporator fan too; which would have been a waste of time and money.

So here's my go-to refer guy for Rosarito. Not much English though Click image for larger version

Name:	refer_repair.PNG

Views:	47

Size:	659.7 KB

ID:	3416.
Old 02-02-13, 08:32 PM   #13
BajaGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
On a long shot I called the same repair guy I thought had gone out of business. His phone worked this time and he came over. He took the refer apart and used a tester. He determined the computer board was fine, it was the evaporator fan that was bad. He had a used one in the truck and installed it- for the cost of the new part on line.

So I am back up and running today, not next week. Actually if I used the first guy I would have received the $85 part and then still needed to buy and wait for an evaporator fan too; which would have been a waste of time and money.

So here's my go-to refer guy for Rosarito. Not much English though Attachment 3416.
I am almost certain that Manuel was the guy we used. Very typical story of the service we experienced with him. Good to know he's still around.

Old 02-02-13, 09:39 PM   #14
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
I am almost certain that Manuel was the guy we used. Very typical story of the service we experienced with him. Good to know he's still around.
another BajaGringo seal of approval.
Old 02-03-13, 02:14 PM   #15
Spooked

Spooked is on a distinguished road

Machado just fixed our clothes dryer. Fast, cheap.
Old 02-03-13, 05:40 PM   #16
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooked
Machado just fixed our clothes dryer. Fast, cheap.
Didn't know he did dryers. Good to know. He's a smart guy who knows people want it fixed right, cheap and fast the first time. I tried calling parts places in San Diego on Saturday with no one even open. Machado was here in two hours and is a very nice man. He knows what he's doing and uses his Mexican ingenuity to make things work with what he has on hand.
Old 02-04-13, 06:50 PM   #17
BajaGringo

I remember that he pulled out a spare board (auto defrost) that he had for my garage fridge that he fixed. I really thought I would have to cross the border hunting for one and was amazed when he had a board on him. Better yet was when that board went out several weeks later he came out and put in another one he had, with no charge. I still gave him a nice tip and that board worked without a hiccup for a couple more years and was still working when we gave the fridge away before moving down to SQ.

Old 03-17-14, 03:28 PM   #18
sdraul

sdraul is on a distinguished road

Just to let people know Machado's is still open...I got a cook top and refrigerator for $700 last weekend...great people to work with..They set up a delivery time of 1-2 PM they were there by 2 PM
Old 03-27-14, 08:59 AM   #19
larry

Smile Re: Appliance repair-Rosarito Beach Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdraul
Just to let people know Machado's is still open...I got a cook top and refrigerator for $700 last weekend...great people to work with..They set up a delivery time of 1-2 PM they were there by 2 PM
Can you pls. give me his location.
Old 03-28-14, 03:54 PM   #20
sdraul

sdraul is on a distinguished road

See post #12 they posted a copy of their card....