Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 03-01-13, 10:32 PM   #1
DebMer

DebMer is on a distinguished road

Default Saludos desde Gringolandia

I'm Debbie, a former and possible future ex-pat.

I lived in Mexico City and San Luis Potosi (as well as Cartagena, Colombia) as a missionary in the early 90s and have never quite gotten over feeling that I still belong down south. I'm currently an ESL teacher, among other things, in my home state of California, a couple of hours NOB. My ESL work with my mostly Mexican adult students is sheer delight, and I love that it gives me a continued connection with the people and culture I grew to love when I lived there.

I had been researching the possibility seeking EFL employment at one of the SUNEO universities and of moving my family down to Oaxaca permanently, but we have some obstacles to get through before that can happen, and meanwhile I'm checking out other parts of Mexico to put on the list of places to consider.

You all make Baja sound pretty irresistible, I must say! Hard to say where we'll end up, but the research has been a pleasure, and sets me to daydreaming a lot about the possibilities.
Old 03-01-13, 10:44 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saludos desde Gringolandia

Welcome aboard Debbie!

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 03-01-13, 10:44 PM   #3
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

"welcome" to the Board Debbie! Lot's of wonderful places in México besides Baja, but we'd be happy to have you land here!
Old 03-01-13, 11:04 PM   #4
Miguel-BarSQ

Miguel-BarSQ is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Talk Baja Debbie
Old 03-02-13, 09:24 AM   #5
DebMer

DebMer is on a distinguished road

Thanks, friendly folks! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all online.