TacosDePescado is on a distinguished road

Default Vigilantes seize town, arrest police in town near Acapulco

Quite a story. Nice to be in Ensenada.

Mexican vigilantes seize town, arrest police - SFGate
Old 03-27-13, 10:10 PM   #2
Islander

Islander is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Vigilantes seize town, arrest police in town near Acapulco

Interesting that they turned the former director over to state prosecuters.
I wonder if this will trigger a wider uprising in other areas where the police have joined the dark side?
I would be interested to know the opinions of others on the board; is this a good or bad thing?
Old 03-28-13, 06:45 AM   #3
DebMer

DebMer is on a distinguished road

Maybe not a good thing, but a necessary thing?

The situation with law enforcement NOB is getting increasingly volatile, too. One youtube search will turn up police abuse videos in the thousands - warrantless searches, soccer moms getting tazed, dogs being shot for barking at an officer, a pregnant woman holding a baby getting tazed to the point of falling with her baby in her arms, a group of officers beating a homeless, schizophrenic man (who had not harmed anybody and who was known to locals) to death for no reason, a young man being run over during a chase, etc. They're no longer peace officers, but taxpayer-funded overlords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander
Interesting that they turned the former director over to state prosecuters.
I wonder if this will trigger a wider uprising in other areas where the police have joined the dark side?
I would be interested to know the opinions of others on the board; is this a good or bad thing?
Old 03-28-13, 11:35 AM   #4
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebMer
Maybe not a good thing, but a necessary thing?

The situation with law enforcement NOB is getting increasingly volatile, too. One youtube search will turn up police abuse videos in the thousands - warrantless searches, soccer moms getting tazed, dogs being shot for barking at an officer, a pregnant woman holding a baby getting tazed to the point of falling with her baby in her arms, a group of officers beating a homeless, schizophrenic man (who had not harmed anybody and who was known to locals) to death for no reason, a young man being run over during a chase, etc. They're no longer peace officers, but taxpayer-funded overlords.
Yup. Seems like it's about the same everywhere in the world. We have the ability from our keyboards to learn about incidents in near-real time and with video to boot. I had hoped this new transparency would shame police and other agencies into better behavior world-wide. Guess not, at least not yet.
Old 03-28-13, 06:18 PM   #5
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
Guess not, at least not yet.
It's the cameras. Everybody has one in their hand.
Next, the government will make it illegal to photograph a police officer on the job and make pictures inadmissable in court. That'll put an end to incriminating pictures.
Old 03-28-13, 09:05 PM   #6
bwall

bwall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
It's the cameras. Everybody has one in their hand.
Next, the government will make it illegal to photograph a police officer on the job and make pictures inadmissable in court. That'll put an end to incriminating pictures.
I wish I were younger, then I could easily dismiss this as cynical ramblings .. . .. unfortunately, experience suggests this might be more accurate than I wish were the case. . . ..
Old 03-28-13, 09:21 PM   #7
DebMer

Cops are always telling people they're not allowed to film/photograph them. Same with TSA agents. It's not illegal, but they still bust people for doing it.

A couple of great sites: How to Flex Your Rights During Police Encounters and Cop Block | Reporting Police Abuse, Brutality, and Corruption
Old 03-29-13, 07:57 AM   #8
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

When Can't You Record the Police? A Guide to the Stop and Frisk App | MetroFocus | THIRTEEN

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 03-29-13, 08:07 AM   #9
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Pull out your camera at the border inspection area for a new and enlightening experience.
Old 03-29-13, 08:34 AM   #10
BajaGringo

Stop and Frisk Watch App | New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) - American Civil Liberties Union of New York State

Old 03-29-13, 02:11 PM   #11
DebMer

That's brilliant! I'm sure this app will be out for every region soon, and rightly so.

Old 03-29-13, 03:32 PM   #12
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

My wife has commented on the Lack of Mexican media coverage.

She also thinks we will see more of this especially in towns where people have totally lost trust in the police.

She thinks that if the government (state prosecutors) do not preform their duties with due diligence this time other areas that will follow may not have the same respect for the well being of the ones being displaced.

(Trying to be politically correct as the BAD guys do have protection under Human Rights!)
Old 03-29-13, 10:51 PM   #13
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

One "can" find coverage, however, not really sure many would accept the uncut version posted ......... it is some pretty "cold" stuff that is going on, like "extreme brutality" ...... just saying
Old 03-30-13, 07:52 AM   #14
BajaGringo

Just ask yourself why all members in law enforcement today, even those belonging to small mid-western communities are being sent to crowd control training. I have family and close friends in LE across the country and it is a curious thing to hear the different explanations they are given as to why such training is necessary outside large, metropolitan areas...

Old 03-30-13, 08:45 AM   #15
DebMer

It's also a curiosity that small towns are starting to acquire heavy military vehicles for their local police force. I believe the government is preparing for uprising.

Also of interest are the many FEMA camps that have been created...
Old 03-30-13, 04:30 PM   #16
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebMer
It's also a curiosity that small towns are starting to acquire heavy military vehicles for their local police force. I believe the government is preparing for uprising.

Also of interest are the many FEMA camps that have been created...

Hey, Deb.....just where are these "FEMA Camps" located????
Old 03-30-13, 09:35 PM   #17
DebMer

If you're wondering how many I have laid eyes on personally - none. However, you can find lists of suspected and confirmed FEMA camps with a Google search, and see photos online that people have posted of camps they've seen. One that made the news in a big way was Camp Williams, which infamously force-housed Hurricane Katrina victims. As far as I can tell, most of the blogs written on the topic have been scrubbed from the Internet, but as recently as a few years ago I read testimony from people who were detained inside the barbed-wire enclosed camp, not permitted to leave by armed guards, inadequately fed and hydrated, in spite of ample donations being sent in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
Old 03-31-13, 12:03 AM   #18
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
All along the San Andreas fault?
Old 03-31-13, 09:52 AM   #19
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

if you're wondering how many I have laid eyes on personally - none........

However, you can find lists of suspected and confirmed FEMA camps with a Google search, and see photos online that people have posted of camps they've seen..........

One that made the news in a big way was Camp Williams, which infamously force-housed Hurricane Katrina victims............

As far as I can tell, most of the blogs written on the topic have been scrubbed from the Internet.......,

but as recently as a few years ago I read testimony from people who were detained inside the barbed-wire enclosed camp, not permitted to leave by armed guards, inadequately fed and hydrated, in spite of ample donations being sent in.............

***Ah, OK, that explains it . I think I will check under my mattress for a Black Helicopter and in my basement for Russian occupation troops........ I will now go back to watching the remake of Red Dawn.....Sorry for the diversion, now back to your regular programming.

Last edited by Teniente; 03-31-13 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-31-13, 02:57 PM   #20
DebMer

I know... it's easier and more pleasant to think your country isn't going fascist. I once was as you are. Shoulda chosen the blue pill.