Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 07-15-13, 07:13 PM   #1
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default US States to Issue Travel Alert for Tijuana.

Is this preview of verbal jousts to come, the Mayor of Tijuana is pretty much blaming America for deporting Mexican criminals back to Mexico. Tough cookies imho. Mexico can greet them at the deportation gate and bus them to their hometowns. (Problem with that is they ALL say they are from TJ, even non-Mexicans- so they can stay close to the border and try again).

============================
TIJUANA BC 15 DE JULIO DE 2013 (AFN).- El Gobierno de Estados Unidos emitirá en los próximos días una alerta a sus ciudadanos para evitar que visiten Tijuana por considerarla una ciudad de mucho riesgo, según lo notificarón oficialmente al alcalde Carlos Bustamante Anchondo, quien hoy se dijo sumamente molesto por esa situación.

Señaló que las autoridades norteamericanas están haciendo una limpia de sus cárceles, y deportando a esta ciudad fronteriza toda clase de criminales, que tienen que ver con secuestros, homicidios, o integrantes de pandillas, que vienen a crear serios riesgos para los tijuanenses.

“Tijuana no se merece dicha alerta, ya que la situación de hechos delictivos la están propiciando ellos con sus deportaciones; ya estuvo suave de que nos culpen por algo que ellos provocan”, preciso Bustamante.

La notificación de la alerta se le hizo el pasado viernes, misma en la cual se le solicita “que no se moleste por anunciar a sus ciudadanos sobre los riesgos que existen en Tijuana.

Así mismo indicó que nunca se había visto en esta ciudad tantas detenciones de ex presidiarios y deportados de la Unión Americana, ya que se trata de criminales que antes creían que se podían esconder en la región.

http://www.afntijuana.info/informaci...a#.UeSL-o3VB6k

TIJUANA BC, July 15, 2013 - In the next few days, the government of the United States will issue an alert to its citizens to avoid visiting Tijuana, as it considers it a very risky city, according to an official notification to Mayor Carlos Bustamonte Anchondo, who today said he was extremely troubled by this situation.

He said the American authorities are cleaning out their prisons and deporting to Tijuana all types of criminals who have been involved in kidnappings, murders, or are members of gangs, who arrive to create serious risks for the citizens of Tijuana.

"Tijuana does not deserve this alert, as the criminal situation is being created by them with their deportations. Now they are blaming us for something they provoke," said Bustamante.

The alert notification was delivered last Friday, where they were told "so that you are not surprised by the announcement to American citizens on the risks that exist in Tijuana.

In the same manner, the mayor said he had never seen so many arrests in the city of ex-convicts and deportees from the Unites States, as they are criminals who used to think they could hide out in the region.
Old 07-15-13, 07:42 PM   #2
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: US States to Issue Travel Alert for Tijuana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
Is this preview of verbal jousts to come, the Mayor of Tijuana is pretty much blaming America for deporting Mexican criminals back to Mexico.

Maybe he should put them up in his La Jolla, California house.
Old 07-15-13, 09:28 PM   #3
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
The Mayor of Tijuana has a house in La Jolla? That doesn't surprise me. I think he was a professor at USD at one time- not that being a University professor pays enough to buy a house in La Jolla. Maybe it's east of the 5 (horrors!).
Old 07-16-13, 06:23 AM   #4
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Carlos Bustamante's family owns the Grand Hotel complex in Tijuana - I know several members of the family. Extremely decent, hard working people who have done well in Tijuana.

Bustamante was not specifically criticizing the US for deporting Mexican criminals back to Mexico but that they were all being dumped in Tijuana.

I believe I heard on the news with Lopez Doriga the other night that the US is going to begin a new program where they will all now be sent to Mexico City and the Mexican government will ship them back to their hometowns. Mexico will bear the cost cost of the new program...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 07-16-13, 07:07 AM   #5
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
I think he was a professor at USD at one time- not that being a University professor pays enough to buy a house in La Jolla.
I didn't know that. [still don't]
The Bustamante family fortune started with Propane in Baja, transporting from the states and sales here. Had the exclusive in the formative years.
Now, Alcade Bustamante has appointed my landlady, a rich kid pal from childhood, as head of the TJ Culture Department.[not to be confused with the State Culture Dept. which has La Bola etc.] It's a resumé gift.

I wonder what loser Bob Filner will do with his TJ office after they throw him out of his S.D. mayors office for being a pig-eyed pervert?
Old 07-16-13, 07:10 AM   #6
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Mexico will bear the cost cost of the new program...

Ohhhh...sure they will.
Maybe if someone cries a bit louder, we'll be flying them to Paris or Rio.
Old 07-16-13, 09:40 AM   #7
tjsue

tjsue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Good idea!
Old 07-16-13, 06:50 PM   #8
Bob H

Bob H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
I believe I heard on the news with Lopez Doriga the other night that the US is going to begin a new program where they will all now be sent to Mexico City and the Mexican government will ship them back to their hometowns. Mexico will bear the cost cost of the new program...
Wow, something that makes sense... could this actually be true?
Old 07-17-13, 08:51 AM   #9
DENNIS

Why can't they be shipped home from TJ? They have busses and an airport.
Old 07-17-13, 10:21 AM   #10
Bob H

Quote:
Why can't they be shipped home from TJ? They have busses and an airport.
I like the idea of them going to Mexico City... farther away!!!
Old 07-17-13, 10:29 AM   #11
Bob H

The American government clearing out the jails is also going to effect crime in US cities all over the country. I heard on the news last night that San Diego is bracing for an increase in crime due to the early release of 100's of prisoners.

County leaders back Brown on prison releases | UTSanDiego.com