Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 08-20-13, 10:08 AM   #1
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default United States is concerned over return of crime to Baja California

Playas de Rosarito.- El cónsul de Estados Unidos nos hizo ver que la inseguridad en Playas de Rosarito y Mexicali está alcanzando otra vez los niveles de los peores años, por lo que urge poner orden para no frenar la recuperación económica que se ha tenido este 2013 en el sector turístico, afirmó Hugo Torres Chabert, presidente del Comité de Imagen de Baja California.

En entrevista, el empresario destacó que si bien es cierto que durante los primeros 6 meses del 2013 se incrementó 20 ó 25 por ciento la actividad económica de todo el sector turístico de Playas de Rosarito, es preocupante que al comparar estos seis meses con el primer semestre del 2012, el "pleito entre narcos" haya aumentado la cantidad de muertos en un 188%.

El también expresidente municipal de Playas de Rosarito dijo que se requiere de mayor presencia policíaca para garantizar que siga aumentando la afluencia de visitantes, pues tal y como lo ha dicho la Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado, hay "un pleito entre narcos" y lo más preocupante es que la cantidad de muertos ha aumentado a casi el triple.

"El cónsul americano nos hizo ver que Mexicali y Rosarito estaban ya a niveles de los peores años, entonces hay que ponerle orden", remarcó Hugo Torres Chabert.

http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n3094017.htm

Playas de Rosarito.- The United States Consul has shown us that crime in Playas de Rosarito and Mexicali is again reaching the same levels as during the worst years, and it is urgent to restore order so as to not put a halt to the economic recovery seen in the tourist sector in 2013, said Hugo Torres Chabert, president of the Baja California Image Committee.

In an interview, the entrepreneur pointed out that while it is true that during the first six months of 2013 economic activity in the tourist sector of Playas de Rosarito has increased 20% to 25%, it is worrisome that when comparing these six months with the first half of 2012, the "battle among drug cartels" has increased deaths some 188%.

The former mayor of Playas de Rosarito said that a greater police presence is needed to insure the flow of visitors continues to increase, as just ans the State Attorney General has said, there is "a battle among drug cartels," and the most worrisome is that the number of dead has almost tripled.

"The American Consul has pointed out that Mexicali and Rosarito are now at the same level as during the worst years, and order has to be restored," said Hugo Torres Chabert.
Old 08-20-13, 10:16 AM   #2
Woooosh

Default Re: United States is concerned over return of crime to Baja California

""The American Consul has pointed out that Mexicali and Rosarito are now at the same level as during the worst years, and order has to be restored," said Hugo Torres Chabert."

They want to deport me for saying the same thing the US Consul just did. huh? Screw Hugo Torres. Excuse my French. He and his "Baja Image Committe" and "United Society of Baja California" have been attacking me and those like me who tell the truth on line about the growing crime here. Now he finally relents. As I said on another post- the current image of Baja is actually better than the reality.

Hugo Torres and his family are among the biggest threats to US investors here imho. Under Mayor Robles Gustavo Torres (who Robles kept on from his fathers administration) continued to deny peole access to the beach and allowed the fraudulanet sale of Federal Zone land via Grupo Aries in 2011. The new Mayor will clean up Torres' mess- hopefully soon.

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-20-13 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-20-13, 10:56 AM   #3
Woooosh

I may as well go for three posts on this becasue I'm a tad ticked off Rosarito nevcer seems to move forward.

What did Mayor Robles think would happen to the crime rate when the Chief of Police he installed (Carlos Trrenti- brother of failed gov candidate Fernando Castro Trenti) failed his control and confidence exams three times. Even I have video of the Rosarito Police moving Kilos of pot into their police trucks from a van abandoned by drug dealers. There is no one to trust in the police here. Three years of crime, corruption and cronysim... thanksfully the peole of Rosarito Beach voted them out.

I'm glad the US Consul is wasting no time hammering home the security message about Rosarito. Rosarito is very lucky the Consul Generfal has not put out a travel alert for Rosarito Beach. He still may if there is no rapid improvement or if the wrong people are again placed into security positions in the new Rosarito administration beginning in a few weeks.

It would seem the US Consul General is getting his ducks in a row. He is hammering the current administartion of Rosarito so Mayor Silvano Macklis can get a fresh start on addressing the problem. If he could get rid of the deprteee tweekers that have taken over this town- it would be a good start.
Old 08-20-13, 07:01 PM   #4
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Say, maybe they could send them to Nuevo Laredo ... hear they have lots of room over there

http://mexidata.info/id3691.htmlhttp://m...d3691.html