Baja Fishing Fishing reports, news and other tall tales...

Old 08-24-13, 03:37 PM   #1
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default Good News????

For all of you fishing/diving folk, and the rest of us that like seafood, shellfish, an occasional dip in the ocean and letting your dogs run in the surf:

Regarding the radioactive water plume from Japan........

In the following years, the tracer cloud (of contamination) continuously expands laterally, with maximum concentrations in its central part heading east.

While the northern portion is gradually invading the Bering Sea, the main tracer patch reaches the coastal waters of North America after 5–6 years, covering a broad swath of the eastern North Pacific between Vancouver Island and Baja California.

.......After 10 years the concentrations become nearly homogeneous over the whole Pacific, with higher values in the east, extending along the North American coast.......with a maximum off Baja California.......

Radiation On West Coast of North America Could End Up Being 10 Times HIGHER than in Japan | Washingtons Blog
Old 08-24-13, 03:51 PM   #2
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Good News????

Some would like to be a little "proactive" on this issue

Oregon's GOP Chair Wants to Sprinkle Nuclear Waste From Airplanes

"On nuclear waste: "All we need do with nuclear waste is dilute it to a low radiation level and sprinkle it over the ocean—or even over America after hormesis is better understood and verified with respect to more diseases." And: "If we could use it to enhance our own drinking water here in Oregon, where background radiation is low, it would hormetically enhance our resistance to degenerative diseases. Alas, this would be against the law."

Must admit, I had never thought of increasing the "dose" ... rather than "decreasing" it ..

Oregons GOP Chair Wants to Sprinkle Nuclear Waste From Airplanes | Mother Jones

everyone has a "thoughts" .... HUH
Old 08-24-13, 03:55 PM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
Some would like to be a little "proactive" on this issue

Oregon's GOP Chair Wants to Sprinkle Nuclear Waste From Airplanes

"On nuclear waste: "All we need do with nuclear waste is dilute it to a low radiation level and sprinkle it over the ocean—or even over America after hormesis is better understood and verified with respect to more diseases." And: "If we could use it to enhance our own drinking water here in Oregon, where background radiation is low, it would hormetically enhance our resistance to degenerative diseases. Alas, this would be against the law."

Must admit, I had never thought of increasing the "dose" ... rather than "decreasing" it ..

Oregons GOP Chair Wants to Sprinkle Nuclear Waste From Airplanes | Mother Jones

everyone has a "thoughts" .... HUH
Wiley......I firmly believe that some people are born nuts and some people work hard at being nuts. I'm not sure what route that guy took.
Old 08-24-13, 04:58 PM   #4
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
Wiley......I firmly believe that some people are born nuts and some people work hard at being nuts. I'm not sure what route that guy took.
I wish they wouldn't stay nuts. More radiation? Of course the sun has been acting up lately too...
Old 08-24-13, 05:40 PM   #5
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

"nuts" is A-OK .... and IMHO ... they're out there ... and party labels really don't have anything to do with it ......

Radiation, is pretty good at weight loss though .... maybe that was what he was thinking about "weight loss" for the American people

Make my beer a "Strontium 90" ... hear it's a new Japanese Beer, they have just started .... they say "its the water" ...