Views:	36

Size:	82.4 KB

ID:	3692  

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 09-20-13, 04:48 PM   #4
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Have you seen Gary Patton? Pics added, including vehicle

I'm sorry no one here has been able to provide information to help find this man, but given the negative circus this same request caused on the "other board", I'm very thankful for the conduct of my fellow Talk Baja members!

I feel bad for the family who asked for help and got that in return. Some people are lost, some don't want to be found. It matters not to the people who are looking for them although no one knows the searchers true intentions 100% either. Better to just say nothing if you have no info, but that no longer happens on the internet. jmho

Last edited by Woooosh; 09-20-13 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-20-13, 05:04 PM   #5
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
I feel bad for the family who asked for help and got that in return. Some people are lost, some don't want to be found.
I have it on good authority that mental issues are in the mix. That question was posed...and ignored. It should have been mentioned at the outset if a fact.
The family asking for help is/was less than candid with this issue, especially when specifically asked for details.
Something here is just plain wrong.
Old 09-20-13, 06:06 PM   #6
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
I have it on good authority that mental issues are in the mix. That question was posed...and ignored. It should have been mentioned at the outset if a fact.
The family asking for help is/was less than candid with this issue, especially when specifically asked for details.
Something here is just plain wrong.
and you may well be right. You've been through dozens of these fire drills over the years- with varied outcomes. Sometimes staying quiet is best if you don't know anything. They asked for people to watch for him. They are checking back for leads and instead face the Spanish Inquisition. jmo
Old 12-12-13, 04:00 PM   #7
katnbaja

katnbaja is on a distinguished road

We stayed at El Jardine on November 22 on our way south and were talking to the owner and asked him about Gary Patton. The owner said that one of his employees..I think his name is Fernando but he works in the new office had either seen Gary or talked to him 3 days prior to our arrival in San Quintin and that Gary said that he did not want to be found by his family.??? The family could contact Gieurllmo (sp) and get confirmation..good luck.
Old 12-12-13, 06:58 PM   #8
katnbaja

We stayed at El Jardine on Nov. 22 on our way south..visited with Guillermo (the owner) and asked about Gary Patton..he said that Gary had been seen or talked to 3 days prior to our arrival and the Gary did not want to be found by his family??? Guillermo said that one of the guys that work in the new office had the info..I think that he said it was Fernando ??..whatever..the family should contact Guillermo and get the story from him ..anyway that was his report? Good luck and hopefully someone will contact the family with this info.
I emailed 2 friends that post on Bajanomad with this info but neither one shared so..hopefully this is true and the family can find some peace.
Old 12-13-13, 09:58 AM   #9
katnbaja

My husband and I stayed at El Jardine on our way south on 11/22 and talked to Guillermo (the owner) and asked about Gary Patton..Guillermo told us that one of his employees and either seen him or something 3 days prior and that he is alive but does not want contact with his family?? So the family should contact Guillermo..I think the employee was named Fernando but not sure..he works in the office.
Old 03-18-14, 04:36 PM   #10
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

I read a note on our TalkBaja Facebook page that they found Gary's 4Runner out at the beach, west of Cataviña. I drove that entire area over a few days a couple years back while trying to locate Mike Younghusband who had sent out a distress signal from his Spot device.

That area along the coastline is very isolated and rocky with some fish camps in the breaks in-between. No power, phone or cell service out there and lots of potential pitfalls.

Keep praying for good news and let's see what turns up...

Old 03-20-14, 11:16 AM   #11
rts551

rts551 is on a distinguished road

More info on the car at Nomads. Apparently it was stuck..and all his stuff was in it. Sounds like it might have been there for a while.

And you are right. Over the last 30 years I have explored that area....it would be easy to get lost and/or hurt with no help around except maybe on the main road to Sta Catarina.
Old 03-20-14, 11:42 AM   #12
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

You are so right - there are so many crisscrossing roads heading in different directions that I had to rely on my GPS, marking points along the way to make sure we could safely backtrack. I found the few souls I encountered out there to be very helpful and seemingly good people but you never know what problems or situations he may have faced if he got stuck and left his vehicle.

At this point it is not looking good...