Baja Real Estate Property for sale and rentals

Old 12-08-13, 06:03 PM   #1
area51captive

area51captive is on a distinguished road

Default Beach House for Sale, 71 miles South of San Felipe

I have a fairly large house for sale on the beach in front of Isla El Huerfanito. For more info, please see the following link: BEACH GET-AWAY

I'd be happy to answer any and all questions with the caveat that I sometimes work and don't have internet access so it might take a couple of days to get answers

Thank you BajaTalk for the opportunity to advertise.
Old 12-08-13, 09:34 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Beach House for Sale, 71 miles South of San Felipe

Here are some photos from the linked listing...

Attached Images

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 12-09-13, 12:34 AM   #3
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

There is a photo above of the older road leading south with a view of El Huerfanito Island... Just for general info., that is now a paved highway to Gonzaga Bay...

Old 12-09-13, 10:01 PM   #4
area51captive

Baja Gringo, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance at least electronically! Thank you for posting the photos. How's life in San Quintin? We made an exploratory trip there right after Hwy 1 was extended (1972?). We launched our boat very near an old mill powered by the tide coming in and going out.. I'll never forget that adventure because after launching and looking for the 1st channel marker, I went full-throttle and promptly came to an abrupt stop on sand just outside of the channel. I then had to go overboard to push the boat back, but I was dressed in blue jeans, no underwear, which I took off thinking no one would see me. Wrong. I reboarded to applause and whistles of some onlookers. Very embarrassing. Believe it or not, there's a connection between San Quintin and El Huerfanito. Namely that a well drilling company from San Quintin came to a camp near El Huerfanito to drill a water well. Small world.

David K, as my grandchildren would say, "You're the bomb".
Old 12-10-13, 12:43 AM   #5
David K

If I'm 'the bomb'... and you're Area 51, I think everyone needs to get radiation suits on!!!

Old 12-14-13, 04:33 PM   #6
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

FYI.........Area 51 doesn't have anything to do with "the bomb".

Although located at/on the National Test Site (NTS) in Nevada, Area 51 (Groom Lake) was never involved in nuclear weapons testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
If I'm 'the bomb'... and you're Area 51, I think everyone needs to get radiation suits on!!!

Old 12-14-13, 04:44 PM   #7
David K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
FYI.........Area 51 doesn't have anything to do with "the bomb".

Although located at/on the National Test Site (NTS) in Nevada, Area 51 (Groom Lake) was never involved in nuclear weapons testing.
It was a joke... but as far as nuclear fallout, being close is good enough don't you think? Like horseshoes and handgrenades, close counts!
Old 12-14-13, 11:28 PM   #8
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

I realize it was a joke..........and there was no "fallout" in area 51, that is why it was selected for "the base that doesn't exist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
It was a joke... but as far as nuclear fallout, being close is good enough don't you think? Like horseshoes and handgrenades, close counts!
Old 12-29-13, 05:22 PM   #9
area51captive

Greetings to all contributor at TalkBaja. I finally got permission to visit El Huerfanito and I'll be in camp starting 1/7/14. Anyone interested to stop by and see the house I have for sale is welcome. If anybody wants more photos, say of some aspect of the house not evident above, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best.

I don't have phone or internet in El Huerfanito so I'll be catching up with y'all sometime after I return. Thanks for the help/support with my thread.
Old 12-30-13, 12:43 AM   #10
BajaGringo

Our pleasure!

Happy Holidays and good luck on the sale...

Old 01-04-14, 08:56 AM   #11
oldtech

oldtech is on a distinguished road

I used to stay at the cabin a few lots down at the first cabin built in El Huerfanito next to the cantina. Tony and I would go every winter until his passing. Miss the area greatly as well as my friend Tony. Is the cabin still there? I tried your link to your place for sale but couldn't get it to work.
Old 01-04-14, 07:41 PM   #12
area51captive

Hi Oldtech, my first visit to El Huerfanito, then well known as "Nacho's Camp" was in 1971. If you visited before then, I'll have to defer. At that time Herman "the German" rented the house you referred to. He had quite a clan of Baja travelers come with him including rascals by the names of "Willy" Bill, Barney and his son.

Regrettably, Nacho rented the house (after Herman's demise) to a fugitive American who tore down about 85% of the old house and added a two story building of the "Heinz 57" type--a little of this, a little of that almost all of it built from stolen materials and financed with proceeds from thefts both from our area and other houses a bit further south. The guy was run off and now there's only an ugly, dilapidated structure.

Here's a link to view the area and the cantina TalkBaja.com

Click on the link, select "Satellite" in the upper right corner, and zoom in. There are some wonderful resources about the area and history including maps and photos which might be interesting to you courtesy of David K at David K's BAJA Adventures. If he doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist!!! Wishing you a great new year.
Old 01-11-14, 06:05 PM   #13
fishtale

fishtale is on a distinguished road

Hi we have a place at Huerfanito and use to play horseshoes with Tony and his friend maybe it was you
Old 01-13-14, 07:17 AM   #14
oldtech

oldtech is on a distinguished road

it was me. google Travels With Zelda El Huerfanito. Those were fun times.
Old 01-13-14, 10:58 AM   #15
David K

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtech
it was me. google Travels With Zelda El Huerfanito. Those were fun times.

Very cool, thanks! Nice to see and read of Baja stories from the past!
Old 01-13-14, 01:24 PM   #16
BajaGringo

Old 02-12-14, 07:58 PM   #17
area51captive

I'm BAAACK !! Just returned from a disastrous open house of my casa in Nacho's Camp, aka El Huerfanito. Had 23 people show up. Ha, Ha, got your attention, didn't I? Well, the party of 23 (9 adults, 14 kids) were all one group. They came from Mexicali after making an appointment. Turns out the couple interested in the house invited in-laws and co-workers each of whom invited friends. When the couple arrived, they said they were very tired from driving and would like to start the BBQ and have something to eat. Then, they probably would gather wood for a bonfire on the beach for the kids, and they would be staying the night. This was a side of Mexican culture I hadn't experienced before. My position was that it sounded like they had decided to buy and I would like to have my money before the fiesta started. "Oh no", was the reply, "We will need a couple of weeks to think it over." Now while I'm wondering how to respond, a crowd is in the bathroom asking for more water for the toilet which was stopped-up and, because one of them couldn't wait, was sprayed including the bath mat and back wall. So I took the principal guy aside and asked him if there was a house in Mexicali for sale, would they all show-up, eat, and stay the night? He got the message and rounded everybody up saying he'd be back in the morning. Never showed.

So the house is back on the market, $2000 less (asking $15000 now) and I'd be happy to answer any questions. Thanks again to TalkBaja for the chance to advertise.
Old 02-12-14, 08:15 PM   #18
BajaGringo

Oh, that sucks. But love your attitude and how you handled it.

The right buyer will show up - that's a great deal!!!

Old 02-13-14, 07:13 AM   #19
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

That is an interesting "open house" experience. They would have had a pool party at our house I guess...
Old 02-13-14, 08:11 AM   #20
BajaGringo

"Cheap" family getaway...