Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 02-26-14, 11:53 AM   #1
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

Default Recent Murder in La Paz

I was recently informed of a Police officer or ex-police officer as he was recently relieved of his duties, dying from his wounds and his daughter surviving her wounds.
Happened Friday the 21st of February, I have not been able to find any more info regarding this almost like it has been buried!

What I was told was this guy was CLEAN, VERY CLEAN and that he had recently filed a report or complaint about some senior officials doing some chit they were not supposed to be doing.

What is going on?
This is just the tip of the iceberg, I also understand that the crime rate in Baja South is starting to soar.
By Crime rate I am taking into account petty crimes such as "Break and Enters".
Old 02-26-14, 12:06 PM   #2
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Recent Murder in La Paz

Here are a couple of links to news articles:
http://www.oem.com.mx/elsudcaliforni...s/n3301714.htm
http://colectivopericu.net/2014/02/21/
It was also on the front page of El Sudcaliforniano (in print). My neighbors saw it on TV the afternoon it happened and told me about it. El Chapo's capture took over the headlines on subsequent days.
Old 02-26-14, 12:11 PM   #3
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

Might want to search through the archives of the Sudcalifornio. I read about it there a week or so ago.

(oops....Kate beat me to it)

I breeze through the local online news in the mornings, although I wouldn't say crime was soaring, I've definitely noticed an increase in reporting of different robberies, assaults, etc. in both Constitucion and La Paz.

Don't know if there's more crime, or just slow news so they have to find something to report about.
Old 02-26-14, 12:11 PM   #4
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
Here are a couple of links to news articles:
http://www.oem.com.mx/elsudcaliforni...s/n3301714.htm
http://colectivopericu.net/2014/02/21/
It was also on the front page of El Sudcaliforniano (in print). My neighbors saw it on TV the afternoon it happened and told me about it. El Chapo's capture took over the headlines on subsequent days.
Old 02-27-14, 06:31 AM   #5
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). Un grupo de hombres fuertemente armados, atacaron a Juan Antonio Salgado Burgoin y a su familia; el ex policía municipal falleció tras recibir entre siete y ocho disparos.

Los hechos se registraron alrededor de las 12:40 horas de este viernes en la esquina de las calles La Purísima y Misión de Mulegé, en el fraccionamiento Misiones, en esta ciudad.

Burgoin Salgado fue trasladado al hospital Salvatierra, de esta ciudad, donde falleció a causa de las heridas que presentaba.

Al lugar arribaron elementos de Servicios Periciales de la Procuraduría de Justicia del Estado, donde realizan las indagatorias.

Además, se montó un operativo para dar con los autores materiales del ataque, quienes presuntamente viajaban a bordo de una camioneta pick up de color blanco, de la marca Toyota Tacoma.

Salgado Burgoin, mantenía un pleito legal contra el Ayuntamiento de La Paz por su despido, e incluso presentó una denuncia ante la Comisión Estatal de Derechos Humanos por abuso de autoridad contra subcomandantes de la Policía Municipal.

En el transcurso del día han surgido diversas versiones en torno a los hechos, algunas de ellas apuntan a que Salgado Burgoin, al percatarse de que era perseguido, decidió subir los vidrios de la camioneta en la que viajaba.

El ex policía viajaba con su hija de 11 años de edad, a quien acababa de recoger de la escuela, por lo que al recibir los disparos, cubrió con su cuerpo a la pequeña, quien también resultó con una herida de bala en el brazo derecho, y afortunadamente su estado de salud se reporta estable.

En tanto, la alcaldesa de La Paz, Esthela Ponce Beltrán, lamentó la muerte del ex policía y afirmó que su administración estará pendiente de la situación de la familia de Salgado Burgoin “para que no queden indefensos” y reciban lo que por ley lo que les corresponde.

Reiteró que Salgado Burgoin salió de su administración por no contar con los requisitos, pero sostuvo que la relación siempre fue “institucional”; hizo un llamado a y la Procuraduría de Justicia del Estado para que investigue los hechos, señaló en una entrevista radiofónica

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/asesinan-j...cia-de-la-paz/

La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS) . A group of heavily armed men attacked Juan Antonio Salgado Burgoin and his family, the former municipal police officer died after being shot seven or eight times.

The incident took place around 12:40PM this Friday at the corner of calles La Purísima and Misión de Mulegé, in the Misiones subdivision in this city.

Burgoin Salgado was taken to the Salvatierra hospital in La Paz where he died of the wounds.

Elements of Expert Services of the State Attorney's Office, arrived at the location where they are performing an investigation.

In addition, an operation was mounted to find the attackers, who allegedly were aboard a white Toyota Tacoma pick up.

Burgoin Salgado, was in a lawsuit against the City of La Paz for his dismissal, and even filed a complaint with the State Human Rights Commission for abuse of authority against deputy commanders of the Municipal Police.

During the day there have been various versions about the facts, some of which suggest that Burgoin Salgado, realizing that he was being pursued, decided to raise the windows of the van in which he was traveling.

The former policeman was traveling with his 11-year-old who he had just picked up from school, so when he was shot, he covered her with his body. The little girl was also wounded in the right arm with a bullet, and thankfully her health is reportedly stable.

Meanwhile, the mayor of La Paz, Esther Ponce Beltrán, mourned the death of the former policeman and said her administration will be watching the situation of Salgado Burgoin family "so there are not left helpless" and receive what the law provides.

She reiterated that Salgado Burgoin left her administration for not meting the requirements, but said the relationship was always "institutional." In a radio interview, she called upon the Attorney General of the State to investigate the incident.

[Comment: This is the dead man's Facebook page where he says two weeks ago he was threatened by an Omar Zavala Agundez in a white pick-up truck, just like the one from which he was killed.]