Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 09-03-09, 03:27 PM   #1
Elena

Elena is on a distinguished road

Smile Thinking of moving to Rosarito

Hi,

My husband and I are interested in moving to the northern Baja area. He's an IT consultant/Network Admin/Web Develober so he is able to work remotely. We are going to check out Baja (Rosarito area) in October. Hopefully we can find a nice little condo/apartment that is half of what we pay for rent here in Riverside, CA. We need to cut our current expenses in half, and love the idea of getting out of here and moving out to where some of our friends live. So, that's it! Oh, we are not retirees, just a young couple.

Elena
Old 09-03-09, 04:01 PM   #2
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Thinking of moving to Rosarito

Hey Elena. You'll probably get a number of responses. But it appears that I'm first. If you're looking to rent, you'll find plenty of bargains in Rosarito. The bad news is that Rosarito has not been spared from the problems regarding the drug war along the border. There are a number of folks who purchased in the area who are currently having regrets. The economy in Rosarito has taken a major blow with a huge dropoff in tourism. All that being said, there are secure neighborhoods. On the other hand, if you would consider heading just a little further South, and if you want a little less touristy, and a little more amenitites, you might wish to consider Ensenada. The additional 45 minutes of travel takes you farther away from the border conflict zone. And frankly, Rosarito was founded on and grew on tourism. Ensenada has a deep water port and a decent amount of industry. I admit that I'm biased. But given the choice, I'd look in Ensenada. Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-03-09, 04:12 PM   #3
Elena

Elena is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bajahowodd! Good to know. Ensenada is definitely another option we're considering, but from what I've read in blogs and in messages on this site sounds like there are many spots one can fall in love with in Baja. So we're keeping our minds open, I fully expect that we will move around... gee I feel sorry for my cats.
Old 09-03-09, 10:24 PM   #4
BajaNuts1

BajaNuts1 is on a distinguished road

Elena!

lots of good folks on this board, and as the saying goes, ask 10 people, get 10 right answers!

take it all with a grain of salt and you'll get some good stuff!
'Nuts1

Texas Creek Products | Hot Sauce, Dips, Glazes & Spice Mix
Old 09-04-09, 03:52 AM   #5
gabelnmx

gabelnmx is on a distinguished road

I live in Rosarito and love it. Great restaurants, great beaches and plenty of nice people. Rent is good here. I have seen no Drug problems in Rosarito. Don't know much about Ensenada, only been a few time and was not impressed. I like Small beach areas. There are pleny of communties from TJ to Ensenada and even further. Just take your time and look around. You will enjoy living in Baja no matter where you decide to reside.
Old 09-04-09, 12:17 PM   #6
Bajahowodd

Cats are amazingly adaptable.
Old 09-08-09, 07:55 AM   #7
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Elena:

Found this info on the Punta Banda (just south of Ensenada) newsletter...

puntabandanewsletter : PUNTA BANDA COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD

I have a two story, 2 bedroom house for rent, available immediately.
The bottom floor has one bedroom and a bathroom. It is attached to the upper level by an exterior stairway. The upstairs has a kitchen, bedroom, dining area,a small livingroom, and 1 bathroom. Both floors are fully furnished. There is a view of the ocean from the upstairs, and a short walk to the beach. The house is at the end of a short road and is very quiet.

The upper and lower can be rented separately or together. $320 for the upstairs only, and $350 for both upper and lower, plus security and last months rent.
Please email or call Dann at 646-131-9737.

Great area and full of friendly people. Close to all of the services of Ensenada
but far enough away to have a small town feel and lifestyle
Old 09-16-09, 02:43 PM   #8
bajadude

bajadude is on a distinguished road

Hi, I live in south Rosarito, I have a small moving co., we have move complete households from US to Baja. when you are ready to move we can help you, Dennis.........Bajamoversbajamovers@yahoo.com

Last edited by bajadude; 09-21-09 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-16-09, 04:18 PM   #9
Bajahowodd

That Punta Banda listing seems like a really great deal. You get the small town quiet. You get the ocean nearby. And within 30 minutes or so, just about all the shopping you could hope for, like Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.
Old 09-21-09, 07:10 AM   #10
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

There are many small communities all down the Baja coastline that will probably work for you. I suggest you come down and spend some time to get to know the area and decide how far from the border works for you.

Good luck and welcome!