Forum Rules, Guidelines & Posting Tips Rules and tips to keep the forum safe, on-topic and functional...

Old 07-06-09, 04:54 PM   #1
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

5 Easy steps

Below the (Reply/Go Advanced; not Quick Reply)box where you enter your post, under "Additional Options/Attach Files", click Manage Attachments

Old 07-06-09, 04:58 PM   #2
Marty Cortez

A box will open called "Manage Attachments." Click one of the "Browse" buttons; you can upload up to 5 10 pics at a time.

Old 07-06-09, 05:01 PM   #3
Marty Cortez

That will open a "File Upload" dialogue where you can select a file from somewhere on your computer's hard drive. Select your pic by clicking on it; that will place it's location into the "File Name" box.

Then click "Open." (double clicking on the file does the same thing quicker/easier)

Old 07-06-09, 05:04 PM   #4
Marty Cortez

You will now see your pic's location on your computer in one of the "Manage Attachments" box's location fields. You can repeat this process until you have loaded all 10 if you like.

Now click "Upload."

Old 07-06-09, 05:08 PM   #5
Marty Cortez

After your pic(s) upload you will see your pic(s) in both a list of "Current Attachments" in the "Manage Attachments" box, and listed in the "Attach Files" section of "Additional Options."

Old 07-07-09, 11:33 AM   #6
Marty Cortez

Click "Preview Post" to see how they'll look!

Don't forget to "Submit" if you like it.

Old 07-07-09, 11:34 AM   #7
Marty Cortez

You can also upload a pic that you found on the Internet or is hosted somewhere like photobucket direct from it's location by using "Upload From URL."

This saves it for you here without the additional step of downloading it to your computer.

To copy the actual URL of a pic that you are viewing on a webpage, (Firefox)right-click on the pic and select "Copy Image Location"; (Internet Explorer)right-click on the pic, select "Properties" and highlight/copy the Address(URL)...or copy the "Direct Link To Image" URL from an online host...

Then paste that into one of the "Upload File from a URL" fields and click "Upload."
Old 07-07-09, 08:52 PM   #8
Marty Cortez

To Sum It Up --- You could save/print these out for easy reference.

1. Click "Manage Attachments" in the Additional Options/Attach Files section below the box where you enter your text. This section is not visible on a Quick Reply(click the big Reply first.)

2. Click one of the Browse buttons in the Manage Attachments box; you can upload up to 10 pics at a time.

3. Select your pic to upload from the "File Upload" box which shows locations in your computer; click Open(or just double-click your pic.)

4. You'll see your pic's location loaded in one of the Manage Attachments fields; click Upload.

5. You'll now see your pic listed in both the "Attach Files" section below the box where you post, and also the Manage Attachments box.

Click Preview Post to see how it looks, and if you like it click Submit.

Done!
Old 02-22-10, 06:37 AM   #9
RichardofBaja

RichardofBaja is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How to Post / Upload Photos

Thanks for the information - and I would like to add 'very well done.'

Enjoy the day, Richard
Old 02-22-10, 08:51 AM   #10
Marty Cortez

Another method is to host them elsewhere and "hotlink" them in.

Super-easy host; not sure how long they keep them

This one's pretty full-featured, but you can still use it without registering. They say "If you are not registered, any file that you upload will continue to be available if it is accessed by anyone at least once per year."

Here's another.
Free Image Hosting & Free Photo Sharing Services at PostImg.com, Unlimited Image Hosting & Photo Sharing, Free PNG, JPG, GIF Images Hosting Services & Photo Sharing Website

Above the box where you enter your text are a bunch of buttons, fonts, etc... The square one with the little mountain is the Insert Image button. You click it, then paste the "url" that you get back from one of those hosts and click OK.

All it does it wrap "image tags" around the url; like this but without the one space I put in so you could see the text.

[IMG]insert pic url here: eg http://talkbajaarchive.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/style/logo.jpg[/IMG]

Those tags tell this boards software to go get the pic somewhere else then display it here.

One caveat about hotlinking with image tags: that will display them here at the size you uploaded them. If someone is new to digital cameras/photography, the default size is usually enormous. So you need to check the actual dimensions of the pic, and keep it to around 4-800 pixels wide. A lot of people's monitors are 1280 wide, but you subtract the borders and the username area to the left of where the post appears from that.
Old 03-05-11, 12:02 PM   #11
Bob H

Bob H is on a distinguished road

Wow, great detailed information........ Thanks!
Old 03-13-11, 03:55 PM   #12
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

I tried to change my avatar pic and it shows the new one in my user cp but then it also tells but I still see my old one! Funny, because a different picture that I tried to see if I it was just me worked.
I know it is just me but I will have to dwell on this.......
Old 03-13-11, 03:56 PM   #13
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

OK, I am a dumb ass.......
I realized there is a difference between a profile pic and and avatar.
All my flaws are public.......
Old 03-13-11, 04:00 PM   #14
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Join the club buddy...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 11-27-11, 11:12 AM   #15
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Wow... and then there is the simple link from another site where you can host your photos, such as Photobucket.com or any other web site... The image link to use has [img] on one side of the link and [/img] on the other... or add those tags (without spaces) to a photo link (begins with http:// and ends with .jpg (usually).
Old 11-27-11, 01:17 PM   #16
Marty Cortez

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
...there is the simple link from another site where you can host your photos, such as Photobucket.com or any other web site... The image link to use has [img] on one side of the link and [/img] on the other...
Yep.

A lot of times they'll include some additional features to do with promoting their sites in the code; clickable links, etc... Think about it.

There must be something in it for them to allow use of their bandwidth. Totally understandable.