Visas for travel and living in Baja California, Mexico FMM / FM3 / FM2 / Mexican Citizenship?

Old 02-06-10, 09:55 PM   #1
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Default Working Visa w/o Mexican employer

I have read through the posts thoroughly and I don't see anything about which visa I need if I were to be a self employed immigrant.
I want to work just a little doing photovoltaic installations. It really fascinates me and I enjoyed the fumbling around doing my installation in BOLA.
I will have taken all the NABCEP stuff I need to by the time I immigrate so would I need to form a corporation?

On edit it looks like after more reading that I would need an employer down south.....I wonder how the heck that would work.
More research in order......

Last edited by soulpatch; 02-07-10 at 10:21 AM. Reason: It is an evolving process
Old 02-07-10, 11:16 AM   #2
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Working Visa w/o Mexican employer

Soulpatch, it's my understanding that you CAN form a corporation if you CREATE jobs for locals, but I've always heard that to be totally legal, you personally are only allowed to physically perform the work in a training mode to pass the skills/knowledge on to your employees....vs you forming a corp & doing the work as a one-man operation, but I know that rule is not strictly adhered to. I personally know one individual who is a one-man company, but I don't know how his corp is set up....he MAY have a Mexican son listed as an employee.