Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 02-13-10, 01:54 PM   #21
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Intro.

When I tell folks how abundant the marine life is around here they think I am exaggerating - maybe now they will believe me!

Old 02-14-10, 09:24 PM   #22
La Guera

La Guera is on a distinguished road

My cousins have been down to La Chorera a couple of times and always come back talking about how nice it is and how friendly every body is. Will have to go with them on there next trip. They tell me the fishing is great and they feel safe letting the kids run and play. Sounds like a very nice place!

Oh, and welcome to Talk Baja!!!
Old 02-21-10, 04:40 PM   #23
Missing La Chorera

Missing La Chorera is on a distinguished road

I guess you nailed that one on the head Jo. The key word is SAFE. I have 3 small children and I guess you could say that I am very protective of them. There are few places left on our planet that I feel comfortable letting them run around, and La Chorera is one of those places. To most it's a bit rustic, however that's just how I like it. It takes us over an hour to make it from the main road to Don Alvaro's. But I would never vote to have the road paved, I think if they ever paved, it would take away from the whole experience. And the people, I don't know if they treat everyone the way that they treat us or if we're just special, or maybe they make everyone who visits feel special from offering you fresh clams, oysters and even lobsters. I think it almost impossible to go hungry at La Chorera.
Old 02-21-10, 05:30 PM   #24
bahiafalsa

bahiafalsa is on a distinguished road

I feel the same way. When we stay at Don Alvaro's place I let my kids walk over to Doña Maria's rustic little store and buy their papitas. Of course I am watching from a distance but I would never do that here in San Ysidro or my hometown, L.A.
Old 04-21-10, 09:28 PM   #25
Baja Vicki

Baja Vicki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
It is amazing out here on our little section of the beach. At night the sky seems so full of stars it's almost unreal. We love this location, the people, weather and lifestyle and couldn't imagine living anywhere else on the planet...
I so Love San Quintin, great memories at the Old Pier and Mr Carlos!!!! Miss that $20 a night hotel.
Old 04-22-10, 11:12 AM   #26
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

It is a very charming place and there are still some overnight deals to be found if you know the right people. We "rented" our motor home out last night to another forum member and their two friends that were beach camping down on the peninsula below us. The weather picked up and they needed to get out of the rain.

How much to charge them I wondered?

They invited us out to breakfast this morning before heading north...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic