Driving in Baja Do We Need a Permit? / Traffic Laws / Crooked Cops

Old 03-13-10, 06:12 PM   #1
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Default Ensenada Toll Road March '09 Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
Been two weeks since I was in the car... it was $2.15 at each toll gate... .
Close, but...... The two gates around Rosarito are 26 Pesos each. The gate entering Ensenada is 30 Pesos.
The exchange rate at this moment is 12.57 to 1. You'll have to do the math yourself.
Old 03-13-10, 06:42 PM   #2
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Finally, time to check out Ensenada

I know what I handed to my wife, as we always bet on what the price is going to be.. it was two one dollar bills and three nickels.. what is YOUR problem..

You think I would lie about how much I paid at a toll booth.. in Baja..

Do you have any documentation, written statements, photographs.. Anything to support your statement.. That I did not pay $2.15 on 3/2/2010 at the toll booths north bound from El Pescador, as this is the day which I'm referring to.. and I keep my receipts... and I may be old but I can still count..

The amounts one must pay are listed in Pesos and Dollars at each toll stop.. its pretty easy to figure out.. perhaps you need some help with math.. as it would appear the Mexican Government is taking unfair advantage of your math skills...

Or, your just helping out the Mexican Economy ..... Through your math..

Also the day I took the picture above in Ensenada, was on 3/4/2010 and we paid $2.15 at the toll booth South Bound and North Bound on that day also... and I have those receipts also...

Maybe I'm getting the Senior discount and did not know it... as I have yet to get it.. down in Ensenada.. which I intend on doing as soon as I can get down there...

Last edited by wessongroup; 03-13-10 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-13-10, 09:55 PM   #3
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Default They must round up for the convenience

This is what I got: $2.0684168655529037390612569610183/US
Calmate, hermano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Close, but...... The two gates around Rosarito are 26 Pesos each. The gate entering Ensenada is 30 Pesos.
The exchange rate at this moment is 12.57 to 1. You'll have to do the math yourself.
Old 03-13-10, 11:21 PM   #4
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: They must round up for the convenience

Let's do our best to pretend we're gracious adults and not dick this guy's thread up, 'kay?

Old 03-14-10, 07:03 AM   #5
DENNIS

Quote:
I know what I handed to my wife, as we always bet on what the price is going to be.. it was two one dollar bills and three nickels.. what is YOUR problem..

You have got to be kidding. You're going to make an issue of this?
Old 03-14-10, 07:46 AM   #6
wessongroup

No I'm not.. are you?
Old 03-14-10, 07:59 AM   #7
DENNIS

Quote:
No I'm not.. are you?
You're not? Seems to me you already did....over nothing. Absolutly nothing.

You didn't know there were different rates at the toll booths, did you.
Old 03-14-10, 08:03 AM   #8
wessongroup

Would appear YOU are...

My post dealt with what I and/or my wife paid at a toll booth on a specific date at a specific time..

And the post was to help someone that was planing a trip down to Ensenada...

Is that what you are talking about?
Old 03-14-10, 08:17 AM   #9
DENNIS

Quote:
Is that what you are talking about?
--------------------

No. I'm talking about this:

Quote:
Been two weeks since I was in the car... it was $2.15 at each toll gate...
And this:

Quote:
And this:

Quote:

Your BS reaction was over the top and uncalled for.
Old 03-14-10, 08:22 AM   #10
wessongroup

Again, are you saying that the amount paid at the toll booth is in fact a lie on my part?

That would seem a simply question to answer and that is the point

I was not going this way, as Marty post made me.... Just get off it... however ... you seem to have an agenda with me.. I might be wrong.. Usually am.. As you have pointed out..

And that is just fine with me... your posts speak for themselves.. as do mine.. I'm not keeping score at this time in my life.. too old for that.. and gave it up a long while ago... perhaps this may help

It's a song by Bobby Bear.. for 1976... maybe you remember it... always stuck in my mind... with Winners...

The hulk of a man with a beer in his hand, he looked like a drunk old fool
And I knew if I hit him right, why, I could knock him off of that stool
But everybody they said watch out, hey, that's the Tiger Man McCool
He's had the whole lotta fights and he's always come out winner
Yeah, he's a winner.

But I had myself about five too many and I walked up tall and proud
I faced his back and I faced the fact that he had never stooped or bowed
I said, Tiger Man you're a pussycat and a hush fell on the crowd
I said, let's you and me go outside and see who's the winner.

Well, he gripped the bar with one big hairy hand then he braced against the wall
He slowly looked up from his beer, my God that man was tall
He said, boy, I see you're a scrapper so just before you fall
I'm gonna tell you just a little 'bout what it means to be a winner.

He said now you see these bright white smilin' teeth. you know they ain't my own
Mine rolled away like Chicklets down the street in San Antone
But I left that person cursin', nursin' seven broken bones
And he only broke ah three of mine, that makes me the winner.

He said, now behind this grin I got a steel pin that holds my jaw in place
A trophy of my most successful motorcycle race
And each morning when I wake and touch this scar across my face
It reminds me of all I got by bein' a winner.

Now this broken back was the dyin' act of a handsome Harry Clay
That sticky Cincinnati night I stole his wife away
But that woman she gets uglier and she gets meaner every day
But I got her boy, that's what makes me a winner.

He said, you gotta speak loud when you challenge me son,
'Cause it's hard for me to hear
With this twisted neck and these migraine pains and this big ole cauliflower ear
And if it wadn't for this glass eye of mine, why, I'd shed a happy tear
To think of all that you gonna get by bein' a winner.

I got arthritic elbows boy, I got dislocated knees
From pickin' fights with thunderstorms and chargin' into trees
And my nose been broke so often I might lose if I sneeze
And son, you say you still wanna be a winner?

Now you remind me a lotta my younger days,
With your knuckles a clenchin' white
But boy I'm gonna sit right here and sip this beer all night
And if there's somethin' that you gotta gain to prove by winnin' some silly fight
Well okay, I quit, I lose, you're the winner.

So I stumbled from that barroom, not so tall and not so proud
And behind me I still hear the hoots of laughter of the crowd
But my eyes still see and my nose still works and my teeth're still in my mouth
And you know I guess that makes me the winner...

As for me, have a beer at Sharkey's for me today and have a few tacos or what ever makes you happy... as a matter of fact have a few.. enjoy yourself and pay what ever you want that the toll booths... I do.. and I don't even think about all the money I'm loosing... not rich.. just don't care at this time in my life..

Its all good...

Last edited by wessongroup; 03-14-10 at 08:32 AM. Reason: after thought
Old 03-14-10, 08:31 AM   #11
DENNIS

Quote:
Again, are you saying that the amount paid at the toll booth is in fact a lie on my part?

That would seem a simply question to answer and that is the point
"it was $2.15 at each toll gate..." You said that.
My point was that all the gates don't charge the same thing, which you implied. I can deal with a liar, which I don't think you are, but I have no patience for self-rightous stubbornness.
"There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them." Louis Armstrong said that.
Old 03-14-10, 08:55 AM   #12
wessongroup

Quote:
"it was $2.15 at each toll gate..." You said that.
My point was that all the gates don't charge the same thing, which you implied. I can deal with a liar, which I don't think you are, but I have no patience for self-rightous stubbornness.
"There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them." Louis Armstrong said that.
My point still remains.... was what we paid at the toll gates on that day a falsehood or a distortion of fact posted by me? ... again, are you telling me and everyone else hear that we did not pay that amount? I only spoke to what we paid at the two toll booths going North from El Pescador ..... your implying something other than what I put up, why I don't know.. I was just trying to give the guy who was asking about driving down some answers to really basic questions, can you pay with USD and what does it cost.. did I included every possible charge associated with using the toll road, no.. as I don't think that was his questions and/or concern.. could have told him there is a different charge for 18 wheelers too..

Your digressions into a personal attack on me, is really pathetic . However it's not the first time you have gone this way with me.. a good tactic in many arguments.. a restatement of the issue.. Sales 101.. surprised you have not used "let see if I understand you correctly"...

And for your lack of "patience for self-rightous stubbornness" who is that directed towards.. the toll both operators?

You may wish to consider medical help if causes your shorts to get into such a bunch.. over "but I have no patience for self-rightous stubbornness."

Would also suggest you go back and re-read the afterthought I posted on the previous..

We will continue if you wish..
Old 03-14-10, 09:01 AM   #13
DENNIS

Quote:

"let see if I understand you correctly"...
I think you should ask "Mary" to change your diaper. It seems to be over-loaded and I've heard that will make an old man cranky.
Old 03-14-10, 09:04 AM   #14
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

Old 03-14-10, 09:12 AM   #15
wessongroup

Quote:
I think you should ask "Mary" to change your diaper. It seems to be over-loaded and I've heard that will make an old man cranky.
As described in the previous post.. the move to personal attacks..

So I will assume that in fact you agree that we did in fact pay $2.15 USD on this date at the two toll booths North of El Pescador..

And would also appear that you did not go back and re-read my post... so be it..

Now that we agree on the fact that I paid a certain amount... this discussion is ended on this point

If you wish to continue on.. with a different topic please advise and I will respond promptly
Old 03-14-10, 09:14 AM   #16
DENNIS

Quote:
My point still remains.... was what we paid at the toll gates on that day a falsehood or a distortion of fact posted by me? ...
Well, Wiley.......I have no desire to be your confessor so It's time you went into the deepest, most secret depths of your heart to ask yourself that question. Soulful clarity would certainly demand that you take full responsibility for your actions and thoughts.
What better time for your spiritual cleansing journey than this beautiful day of Our Lord and, perhaps after attending to your alloted penance, a new guiding light will shine on your life's path so you may avoid future pratfalls which you've been so involved with lately.
I'll say a little prayer for your new vision.
Old 03-14-10, 09:22 AM   #17
wessongroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELINVESTIG8R
ELINVESTI8R, had to look that one up.. where did you ever pick that one up.. I know it was not in the Corps, or doing repair on that truck down South

And no, I don't have them.. others do.. I'm too old and messed up.. for fighting of any sorts and I'm supposed to stay clam.. and take my medication and stay in bed 24/7.. not much fun.. but all of you give me a lot, (Dennis included) that makes my life a lot better...

Want to say thank you to all.. really .... your all good folks here.. we may have disagreements on some issues.. but, seems everyone here is pretty much the same to me.. they enjoy the outdoors, the ocean, desert, Mexico, good food, beverages, a better life style and the company of others .... and a wiliness to share a wealth of knowledge accumulated over many years and experiences in life.. it doesn't get any better than that.. plus the kindness of folks is just unbelieveable.. Gypsy Jan.. comes to mind.. what she just did for a dog that had been thrown out of a moving van.. was heart wrenching.. the poor animal died.. but, not before receiving: love, kindness, and a home from GJ a good Lady ... before passing on to a better place, I would like to believe.. yeah I know, but it makes me feel better..

Have no KERFUFFLE with that...

Its Sunday, everyone have a really great day, be safe with you and yours..

Last edited by wessongroup; 03-14-10 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-14-10, 09:33 AM   #18
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

A philosophical dilemma: be overly-anal, micro-manage and direct/control others down a narrow path
(need to get some teachers involved with those efforts )...

or allow a spontaneous morphing nay; an enormous pile of wisdom to accumulate:

I'm kind of a laissez-faire type myself, but when we reach critical mass on this baby, let's split it off into it's own thread
Quote:
Small Change: For Whom The Toll Belles:
Indispensable Advice On Infinitesimal Differences
or something like that.
Old 03-14-10, 09:39 AM   #19
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

Hey Wiley, we'd never used that word in the Marines. I picked it up from Shari at Bahía Asunción. She is the first to the best of my knowledge and belief to have used that word over at the other Forum. I had to look it up too when I first saw it and started using it because it is a gentle way to say disturbance or fight.
Old 03-14-10, 10:22 AM   #20
wessongroup

Quote:
Well, Wiley.......I have no desire to be your confessor so It's time you went into the deepest, most secret depths of your heart to ask yourself that question. Soulful clarity would certainly demand that you take full responsibility for your actions and thoughts.
What better time for your spiritual cleansing journey than this beautiful day of Our Lord and, perhaps after attending to your alloted penance, a new guiding light will shine on your life's path so you may avoid future pratfalls which you've been so involved with lately.
I'll say a little prayer for your new vision.
Tahoe Gringo's original question: 2. How much is the toll road & can we pay in US dollaror pesos?

I have not nor am I asking for a confessor, only an answer to a question, was my post false?

You seem to have a rather hard time dealing with simple answers to simple questions .. and that is all I deal in.. I don't need a conversion factor to pay a toll at the booth, where it tells me how much in pesos or dollars.. it was just that Tahoe Gringo would appear to have been looking for a simple number ... how much and can I pay in dollars.. pretty simple to me.. but, your right if one needs to know exactly how much get the calculator out.. like what SoulPatch did and get a number like he did and then post that for the answer ... I did not think Tahoe Gringo was looking for that, rather just exactly what I put up.. a nice picture of Ensenada.. and a simple number for what the toll was as I stated..

I do take responability for my actions, as can be seen on this particular issue..

As for your alegations:

Of "implied" intent in a post,

Self-rightous stubbornness,

and now confession as I'm in need of spirtual cleaning..

Get a grip.. and I'm not going there with you...

You have gone every way but directly to the statement which I posted and from which YOU decided that I was implying something incorrectly? I'm not sure of your overall intent.. If you were giving advise.. You may want to take back to the drawing board.. and re-think the wording.. as it still is off base from what I posted..

I posted a true statement about what was paid at a toll gate in Baja California on a specific date and a specific time.. $2.15

If what I had stated is in fact untrue, please support with facts.. which you have not done thus far in this "discussion"

All the other "flack" is not germain to the point of discussion.. these may be your "feelings" but they not the facts

And for your perceptions, they are yours not mine...

You want to be a winner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWln...eature=related