Baja Photo Uploads / Trip Reports Pics from your road trips, fishing and camping adventures. Baja Dogs are welcome...

Old 06-09-09, 09:26 PM   #1
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb PURE BAJA ~ San Juan de La Costa Nature Study

Last Month Kate & I took what was supposed to be a "working" trip to San Juan de La Costa in search of green beach rocks for landscaping a small area of my yard. While there, we were treated a veritable wealth of sightings of creatures big & small. Herons, pelicans, a chipmunk scampering through the underbrush, a lizard trying to remain concealed in the rocks....all of which were too small or too far away to capture on film. Below are the larger creatures who slightly more willing to pose.
[attachment=1:3pp4khze]May 7, 2009 ~ San Juan de La Costa (3).jpg[/attachment:3pp4khze]

That disgruntled looking fellow bringing up the rear in the second pic is really hacked off because it'll never get to participate in a "Pin-The-Tail...." game!

If I forgot any creatures, I'm sure Kate will remind me. Oh Yeah! We also didn't get a pic of the young guy standing in the hot sun apparently waiting for a bus on the road in San Juan de La Costa! We asked if he needed a ride & he reckoned that might be nice. At least we could get him into El Centenario where there's fairly regular bus service into La Paz. Finally on the ride back towards town, we asked where in town he was headed & he said "Walmart"! That's only about 3-4 miles past my casa, so we delivered him to Walmart's front door rather than make him wait out in the hot sun again for a bus. He was so appreciative albeit amazed these two gringas would give him a ride at all, but to be taken exactly where he was headed flabbergasted him! Kate figured he'll be telling friends about these two loco gringas who picked him up on the road in the center of San Juan de La Costa & delivered him straight to Walmart's doorstep!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	May 7, 2009  Frigits ~ San Juan de La Costa (1).jpg

Views:	57

Size:	632.2 KB

ID:	246   Click image for larger version

Name:	May 7, 2009 ~ Cow in Dappled Shade Cavern.jpg

Views:	56

Size:	651.9 KB

ID:	247   Click image for larger version

Name:	May 7, 2009 ~ San Juan de La Costa (3).jpg

Views:	58

Size:	657.5 KB

ID:	248   Click image for larger version

Name:	May 7, 2009 ~ San Juan de La Costa (2).jpg

Views:	54

Size:	661.2 KB

ID:	249  

Last edited by Marty Cortez; 06-26-09 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-10-09, 12:58 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: San Juan de La Costa Nature Study

Those burros actually look quite healthy. I guess the area is good to them as they seem to be eating well...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic