Baja Roads, Weather & Services Road Conditions, New Construction, Weather Reports and More

Old 05-29-11, 04:09 PM   #1
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

Default Wind

Finally had a couple day break from the spring winds , but today they're back with a vengeance. Just broke our wind gauge record today at 40mph.

In the last several weeks we've been hitting 37 quite often, I thought my wind gauge might be broken, because the wind is alway maxing at 37....today I was relieved (I guess) to find out it will go higher
Old 05-29-11, 05:45 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wind

We haven't had a break in the wind in over three weeks. I could be living just off of wind energy output these past few weeks. It is nice to get up at 5:30 AM and see your batteries at 100% and in float by 9:00 AM...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-29-11, 07:51 PM   #3
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Blew to beat hell all day here. Rain too. Just a nasty day, all in all. The forecast for tomorrow looks a lot better.
Old 05-30-11, 05:17 AM   #4
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
We haven't had a break in the wind in over three weeks. I could be living just off of wind energy output these past few weeks. It is nice to get up at 5:30 AM and see your batteries at 100% and in float by 9:00 AM...
If I ever find the need to expand my system, I'm definitely going to look into wind. My only concern here is the dust factor. When the wind blows like it's been, it's a fine dust that tints the air orange and gets into everything. Don't know how it would affect a wind generator. It would have to be sealed very well.
Old 05-30-11, 08:18 AM   #5
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

You just need to get one that is designed for marine use. They are completely sealed. After several months in operation, ours looks like the day it came out of the box...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-30-11, 10:32 AM   #6
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

SIGH....this is exactly what I was talking about on another thread....pioneer spirit! Your wind gauge got broken because you used a newfangled technology. What ever happened to the old wet finger?

On edit: Apologies....acknowledge record broken, not newfangled technology!

Last edited by longlegsinlapaz; 05-30-11 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Repaired reading comprehension