Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 06-24-11, 03:29 PM   #1
RichardofBaja

RichardofBaja is on a distinguished road

Default Good Dog - would like a ride home to Rosarito from Guerro Negro

Hola, It is a long story on how our dog (Einstein, he was named that from the shelter/rescue group) is still in Guerro Negro after our car broke down 60 miles north of there almost four weeks ago. Actually, the story has a way in which the 'universe' can show a sense of humor on what one plans to do. LOL anyway - the car is still not fixed, however, it was towed to Rosarito and we are looking for the right and perfect motor (Subaru 2.5 liter engine) - if you know of one, please let me know.

The question is: do you anyone going north (Rosarito) from Baja Sur that can stop in Guerro Negro and give our dog ' a ride home?' He's good natured, calm, and mostly obeys simple commands. He weighs about 65 pounds and will stay "in the back" when you tell him "stay" - If you can 'bring him home' - we would gladly help out on your gas expenses. All he needs is a couple of times to go for a short walk to do his normal body functions. He will have his food and water bowls along with his bed - and, he is an experienced traveler.

Please pass this email forward to anyone you think who can help give "him a ride home."

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a wonderful day.

email: richardofbaja@yahoo.com
Old 06-24-11, 06:31 PM   #2
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Good Dog - would like a ride home to Rosarito from Guerro Negro

Try Henrys in San Diego,He put one of those used import engines in my 98 2.5 Subuaru legacy G T 3years ago and its still running great.
I dont know about now but when they did mine it was 1500 dls.complete and that included new hoses belts timing belt and labor.
Old 06-24-11, 08:42 PM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

You may also want to post on Baja Nomad forums:

BajaNomad Forums - "Peace, Love & Fish Tacos"
Old 06-25-11, 06:38 AM   #4
RichardofBaja

RichardofBaja is on a distinguished road

Hi and thanks for the suggestions. I am now more inclined to the JDM engine from Japan and do a swap.

I am using the internet as a means of communication with people who 'might' be able to help Einstein get home.

Thanks again. Enjoy and best regards, Richard
Old 06-25-11, 08:56 AM   #5
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Shari makes that trip often to see her grandson and if she isn't coming, she surely will know of others from Bahia Asuncion who will be heading north...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic