Baja Stories - Writers Corner Contributions from Our Forum Members

Old 12-10-11, 12:48 PM   #1
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Default 'Baja California, July 1949' A Photo Story with Words By Penny Pickett

Baja: [1] Photo Story, 1949 - A Writing Life

Dr. Penny Pickett of Washington, DC has been researching Baja and El Rosario to enhance the story of her and her parents trip of discovery into Baja, back in 1949.

The web site is called 'A Writing Life' and the Baja/Rosario story is one part... I think many of you will enjoy both the story and photos, as well as appreciate the research Penny did. That is how she came to contact me, from my Internet Baja web site and postings, to help a bit with her project.

The link above is to the Baja part, and you can click on 'Fullscreen' near the top of the page to read and view it best... at the bottom, click on the right arrow to go to the next page. There are 111, and include old maps and photos.

I will send Penny the link to this page so she can read any questions you might have for her... Perhaps she will register on Talk Baja to respond as well?

Anyway, enjoy this story of a young girl and parents seeking a calmer, less 'atomic' life in Mexico: Baja: [1] Photo Story, 1949 - A Writing Life
Old 12-10-11, 04:48 PM   #2
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 'Baja California, July 1949' A Photo Story with Words By Penny Pickett

Just started reading; thanx for that, David!
Old 12-11-11, 10:34 AM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 'Baja California, July 1949' A Photo Story with Words By Penny Pickett

What a great story!

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 12-11-11, 04:19 PM   #4
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Yah, pretty impressive for someone in Washington DC who hasn't been in Baja since 1949!