South of the Border Communications Internet, cell service, Vonage and WiFi at your palapa

Old 03-12-13, 05:15 PM   #1
Uzun

Uzun is on a distinguished road

Default Baja Cell Coverage

How good is Baja cell coverage between cities? I imagine its pretty limited. Driving between Ensenada and San Quintin would you have coverage more or less all the way? What about driving between San Quintin and Guerrero Negro?

-Roger
Old 03-12-13, 10:00 PM   #2
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Baja Cell Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzun
How good is Baja cell coverage between cities? I imagine its pretty limited. Driving between Ensenada and San Quintin would you have coverage more or less all the way? What about driving between San Quintin and Guerrero Negro?

-Roger
Last cell tower southbound is at El Rosario... then 200 miles before you pick up the Guerrero Negro cell... if you have a Mexican cell friendly phone!

On the gulf side, San Felipe area has cell then nothing until Santa Rosalia, again on Mexican friendly cell phones.

My Sprint phone works to Ensenada, around San Quintin and then again in La Paz! Not at all from Mexicali to San Felipe, different frequency? ATT is the best I hear.
Old 03-13-13, 09:34 PM   #3
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Baja Cell Coverage

Just sim card unlocked my Verizon phone using http://www.cellunlocker.net/ company and it was cheap and took 5 minutes.
You could always stop at one of the million telcel stores and get yourself a card and then you're good.