Baja Border Crossing San Ysidro-Tecate-Mexicali / Sentri and Ready Lane

Old 04-04-13, 02:01 PM   #1
BorderTraffic

BorderTraffic is on a distinguished road

Default Crossing the San Ysidro Border? We can help...

We have LIVE, FREE border cameras on our websites for people to use in order to look at the border to see how long and how quick it is moving.

You can view it at: BorderTraffic.com
in English and LaLineaEnVivo.com
in Spanish.

I don't mean to be spamming your page or anything like that, but this is very relevant to your discussion and can probably help quite a few of you out on your daily travels across the border.

Thanks for viewing us and happy traveling!!!

Last edited by BorderTraffic; 04-04-13 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-04-13, 02:32 PM   #2
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Crossing the San Ysidro Border? We can help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderTraffic
We have LIVE, FREE border cameras on our websites for people to use in order to look at the border to see how long and how quick it is moving.
Thanks. Who are you?
Old 04-04-13, 02:40 PM   #3
BorderTraffic

No problem. I am a representative of the company. We currently have over 60k registered users for the site and about 150k page visits a month.
Old 04-07-13, 03:00 PM   #4
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No problem. I am a representative of the company. We currently have over 60k registered users for the site and about 150k page visits a month.
I checked their site. You must register and provide your name and email to view cameras and it looks like you need to pay for everything else.
Old 04-07-13, 09:04 PM   #5
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
I checked their site. You must register and provide your name and email to view cameras and it looks like you need to pay for everything else.
I have been a registered "free" user for several years. I don't use it much although even the free camera services are helpful. By the time I get to the border it always seems to be different though.
Old 04-08-13, 01:45 PM   #6
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I registered and found that they only had cameras for Tijuana/San Ysidiro not Otay Mesa which is the one I use.
Old 04-15-13, 12:32 AM   #7
BorderTraffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
I registered and found that they only had cameras for Tijuana/San Ysidiro not Otay Mesa which is the one I use.
Hi Larry,

We are currently working on the Otay. We are in the process of securing the locations and hope to have them up within the next 90 days.

Since you are registered for our website, you'll get the email right when they are about to go live. We plan on giving a big email blast out to announce it, plus it will be on some news stations too.

Anything else I can do to help, let me know: david@bordertraffic.com
Old 04-15-13, 12:36 AM   #8
BorderTraffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
I have been a registered "free" user for several years. I don't use it much although even the free camera services are helpful. By the time I get to the border it always seems to be different though.
Hi Woooosh, from now on, there are only free users We've eliminated the VIP service and made it free for all the cameras.

Remember, the times posted on our website are from the Government, they are usually wrong. Our cameras usually update on a 10 - 20 minute cycle (depending time of day, camera, etc.) and are pretty accurate not only for judging the size of the border line but also the speed at which it moves.

You can also check on your mobile if you have a long travel time to get to the border. The site is mobile friendly.
Old 04-15-13, 04:10 AM   #9
MexicaliAlan

MexicaliAlan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Woooosh, from now on, there are only free users We've eliminated the VIP service and made it free for all the cameras.

Remember, the times posted on our website are from the Government, they are usually wrong. Our cameras usually update on a 10 - 20 minute cycle (depending time of day, camera, etc.) and are pretty accurate not only for judging the size of the border line but also the speed at which it moves.

You can also check on your mobile if you have a long travel time to get to the border. The site is mobile friendly.
When I crossed frequently the gov´t website was usually wrong except from about 10PM to 5 AM, but in the other times it was a handy guage even if it took me 30 minutes longer than the statistics stated. There is a border crossing channel that is more accurate on AM radio. Alan
Old 04-15-13, 04:11 AM   #10
MexicaliAlan

MexicaliAlan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

When I crossed frequently the gov´t website was usually wrong except from about 10PM to 5 AM, but in the other times it was a handy guage even if it took me 30 minutes longer than the statistics stated. There is a border crossing channel that is more accurate on AM radio and cameras on a Cablemas channel that is helpful. Alan
Old 04-22-13, 10:13 AM   #11
BorderTraffic

Hey MexicaliAllan,

I'd like to discuss your two options. First AM radio doesn't show you how it looks you are left to their descriptions only. Most radio/reports are merely using the government's errant statistics.

As far as watching them on Cablemas, those cameras are only close up camera views of the border and only give you a view of a few cars, not the full view of the borderline as we do.

Our cameras show large portion of the border line so that you can see how most of the line is moving, not just 4 or 5 cars which is more representative of how long it will actually take you to cross.

Now (assumingly) you are in Mexicali, we don't have cameras there yet, but should by the end of the year. We are currently in negotiations for a few businesses in Otay to host our cameras and should have Otay up within the next 60 - 90 days. My plan is to get Mexicali by years end.