Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 08-16-13, 04:07 PM   #1
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default Rosarito Beach TV 154 calls for deportation of ex-pat over internet posts

Yes, a true story... still developing.

Tila Ortiz (a board member of the United Society of Baja California) did an on air interview last week with Rosarito Cable company Channel 54 (154) calling for the deportation of Woooosh (me) because I am a hater of Baja, Mexico and Mexicans- who posts on-line for Americans to stay away from Mexico. Deportation. Sheesh- and the station was airing it. I was mentioned by name with a photo of our house and a photo of me. Luckily we don't have cable and didn't see it, but our neighbors who did see it were not happy with the reporting or Marinee Zavala.

As many of you know- this has been a 6 year Federal Zone dispute between Tila Ortiz and Alonzo Nava. Tila Ortiz was born in Texas but lied about being a Mexicana and 20 year resident of Rosarito to gain support. She says the "big bad Mexican hating gringo" is trying to steal her house. When Tila sent a man over to beat Alonzo I took over from there and it's been my online fight ever since. All the letters and documents of the case have been posted all along on this site in PDF format. Alonzo is 100% responsible for everything that takes place at that house and we video it 24/7. The Spanish video about this case was made by us in 2010 and has over 17,000 views to date: ¿Qué es Playas de Rosarito, sin la Playa? Versión completa - YouTube . A draft version was made in English: Rosarito Beach Harder To Stroll (english version) - YouTube

On Tuesday Alonzo and I went to the Cable 54 station and showed them a few official documents: A stamped letter to the PGJE stating Tila Ortiz seeks revenge against us for the 2012 decision validating the Federal Zone concession title to Alonzo, a 2011 letter donating the use of the concession to the City of Rosarito for a "beach fitness trail" and stamped letters to the State Governor and Rosarito Mayor about using our 2013 Home of the Year award to promote Baja investment and tourism. We told the reporter I had talked with the US Consul General about creating an program to identify safe properties for baja investors. That's not quite Mexico hating enough for deportation is it? The reporter claimed to know the US Consul ,but he said he has no knowledge of her. The reporter admitted she should have checked with us before airing the story and when asked why she didn't she only said "I don't know". At least she admitted it. The station manager was over Tilas house a few times last week before the interview aired (we recognized him in the station office when he came out to see what we looked like). He could easily have asked us any questions before running it.

Tila Ortiz is back at the TV station this afternoon- so I do believe the station is rethinking the story angle and asking her to do some explaining. So will the owner of the 2013 Home of the Year be deported for being Mexico haters? How does that help the image of Baja? You think they thought that through? Tila is trying to explain to TV 154 why she took the concession sign down and offered the house and second lot for to US investors for $199K claiming she had the title to both parcels. Good luck on that Tila.

Even before the story aired, Tila Ortiz fed the story to a BajaNomad, JoeJustJoe- who posted this:

"Earlier today a Rosarito resident was interviewed by the local TV Rosarito news, and this evening a local TV reporter talked about an American ex-pat living in Rosarito Beach who dedicated his life on internet social forums bashing Rosarito, Baja, and Mexico. They were taking about Woooosh! They were talking about Woooosh, and what Woooosh does on the "hate site" bashing all of Mexico and Rosarito in particle. Woooosh already has the bad elements of Rosarito beach mad at him, because they strongly believe Woooosh snitched on them, and from Woooosh's writings about how he was going to remove all the trash from Rosarito, and Wooooosh was talking about the drug dealers, kidnappers and deportees. ( of course Wooooosh sings a different tune now about drug dealers, and says he doesn't care what they do) Now it looks like Wooosh is going to have to local Mexicans mad at him, if they watched the TV news, and you just know how Mexicans like to talk and how word gets around. "

Tila Ortiz claims and sells Federal Zone land to US investors for $199K. Woooosh helps identify Baja properties with safe land titles for investors. Anyone see a conflict?

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-16-13 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-16-13, 06:58 PM   #2
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Rosarito Beach TV 154 calls for deportation of ex-pat over internet posts

Damn Woooosh!! And I thought I was having a really sucky year!!! At least the word deportation hasn't raised it's ugly head in any of my mini-disasters!

Hang in there, right will prevail!
Old 08-16-13, 07:52 PM   #3
Woooosh

Default Re: Rosarito Beach TV 154 calls for deportation of ex-pat over internet posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
Damn Woooosh!! And I thought I was having a really sucky year!!! At least the word deportation hasn't raised it's ugly head in any of my mini-disasters!

Hang in there, right will prevail!
A spell of freudenschade? :) Luckily it's only local cable. We tried to protect the beach and ran into a locally-connected land thief from Texas. Just bad luck. If I didn't have the security cameras we would have been devoured by these corrupt fools long ago. They wave the Mexican flag while fraudulently selling the public beach.

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-16-13 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-16-13, 08:28 PM   #4
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Some folks have all the fun .. Say HI when your ON TV !! ... I'm having a shot of Tequila with my xanax ... for ya Craig

Maybe ya'll get a star ...

A Tribute to Classic Hollywood - Celluloid Heroes - YouTube
Old 08-16-13, 11:36 PM   #5
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
Some folks have all the fun .. Say HI when your ON TV !! ... I'm having a shot of Tequila with my xanax ... for ya Craig

Maybe ya'll get a star ...

A Tribute to Classic Hollywood - Celluloid Heroes - YouTube
I'll take mine with a shot of Jack. Saludos!

Old 08-17-13, 10:26 AM   #6
Woooosh

I've gotten several private messages that suggest the TV station had "hostile intentions" and were friends of Tila Ortiz going into this story. That is why they did no research and were willing to turn the people of Rosarito against our family.

Do you think this photo of the Channel 54 station manager (I believe his name is Mario Rivera) with Tila Ortiz at the house supports that argument? This photo was taken a few days before the piece aired. Our security camera system captures all movements at this house (and takes still photos) since we are legally responsible for everything that happens there. Our Mexican family has and pays for the land and title, not her. She has no right to privacy there whatsoever. Btw: Tila Ortiz has three security cameras set up but has nothing to show.

So was this a planned anti-American campaign by CableMas 154 and Tila Ortiz working together- or was he just fact finding at her house and forgot to come over to ours.?

Old 08-17-13, 01:06 PM   #7
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Naw, can't be ... pure coincidence ... right

Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off"
Old 08-18-13, 09:06 AM   #8
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

Woooosh

I heard through a third party about a "Slander" lawsuit that was filed against somebody here in La Paz.

The extent of the "Slander" was much less than what is being publicized about you.

I understand they do not take "Slander" lightly down here.
I think the person that started the "Slander" ended up loosing and handed over somewhere around $400,000.00 peso's.
Old 08-18-13, 10:40 AM   #9
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_JOHNNY
Woooosh

I heard through a third party about a "Slander" lawsuit that was filed against somebody here in La Paz. The extent of the "Slander" was much less than what is being publicized about you.

I understand they do not take "Slander" lightly down here. I think the person that started the "Slander" ended up loosing and handed over somewhere around $400,000.00 peso's.
That is a very good point and you aren't the only one to inform me of it. The truth is we already have the US Consulate involved, the new mayor begins in two weeks and we are waiting to see what the TV station does next. They know they were duped by Tila Ortiz, but they were active and willing participants in the scheme. The next move is theirs.

I received this after I posted the photos of Tila Ortiz and TV Cable station 154 Manager Mario Rivera together:

====================================================================

"Well, that sounds like a conspiracy to deprive you of your basic human rights. You probably should contact La Procuraduría de los Derechos Humanos y Protección Ciudadana del Estado de Baja California (The Office of the Prosecutor for Human Rights and Citizen Protection).

What they are doing is a very serious crime in Mexico and Mexico is very sensitive about this, having been berated by the United Nations for numerous deficiencies in protecting the basic human rights of its citizens, residents and persons in transit.

Their phone number in Playas de Rosarito is: (661) 612-6530.

Blvd. Alta Tension Esq. Distrito Federal No.16000
Col. Costitución, Rosarito B.C.
E-mail: procuraduria@derechoshumanosbc.org

You can file a complaint via internet HERE.

================================================================================ ====

If we file the suit against Tila Ortiz and Cable 154 it will further damage tourism and foreign investment here. The attorney for TV channel 154 will blame Tila Ortiz, but reporter Marinel Zavala and Canal 154 station manager Mario Rivera ran it without fact checking. I'm a forgiving and patient man- we'll wait a few weeks.

Although the intent of Tila Ortiz and the station was to turn the people of Rosarito against me- our neighbors have come over to show their disgust at the story because they know us by our actions:

Here is a one minute video of Tila Ortiz last week harassing me. This was before the interview with her was aired. Yes, I know my paint roller was the wrong size and I didn't do good paint prep. Nice lady, huh? And she has embedded herself here as a board member of the "United Society for Baja California" and she is on the "Baja Image Committee". She's the best con artist I have ever met.

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-18-13 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-18-13, 12:52 PM   #10
longlegsinlapaz

CDN_JOHNNY, if you're talking about the case I think you are, there was also some initial jail time.

Stand your ground Woooosh, the guys in white hats can still prevail!
Old 08-18-13, 01:09 PM   #11
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
...Yes, I know my paint roller was the wrong size and I didn't do good paint prep...
You sound touchy.

Almost like someone had been heckling you about it.
Old 08-18-13, 01:14 PM   #12
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez
You sound touchy.

Almost like someone had been heckling you about it.
hmmm- I wonder who could have teased me about that? It is a tad embarassing. I admit to be too lazy to prime and look for a smaller roller cage- but at least I used Behr one part epoxy paint made for cement. Thanks for keeping me on my toes Marty.
Old 08-18-13, 04:11 PM   #13
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_JOHNNY
Woooosh

I heard through a third party about a "Slander" lawsuit that was filed against somebody here in La Paz.

The extent of the "Slander" was much less than what is being publicized about you.

I understand they do not take "Slander" lightly down here.
I think the person that started the "Slander" ended up loosing and handed over somewhere around $400,000.00 peso's.

IT's not slander if its True.
Old 08-18-13, 05:40 PM   #14
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P.
IT's not slander if its True.
good point. I didn't take the bait, but let's have the discussion.

I don't HATE Baja, I don't HATE Mexico, and I don't HATE Mexicans (I am married to one). Do I offer up critical commentary on my experiences living in Mexico, absolutely. Is that HATE? nope. If there is a post of mine that is hateful enough about Mexico to be worthy of deportation- repost it for me. Speaking the truth is not a "black" campaign.

I don't see how the "United Society of Baja California" and "the Baja Image Committee" benefit from deporting an ex-pat who is creating programs to identify safe real estate investments for American investors and built the "2013 Home of the Year" in Baja"?

IMHO, the past six years under Mayors Torres and Robles have been a disaster for Rosarito Beach. The biggest names in town cried for more investors and nothing to help or change the system when investors got ripped off (Trump Baja, Dianne Gibbs, etc). In 2011 the Robles administrator tion allowed a $5.2 Million real estate fraud targeting Americans which a few of us stopped by getting PROFEPA involved. Maybe they don't want a program here to identify safe investments. Tila Ortiz offered Federal Zone Land for sale for $199K and still managed to be elected to the board of the United Society for Baja California. Sheeesh.

The premise of there being "good ex-pat websites" and "bad ex-pat websites" is faulty and plays into Mexico's current and admitted censorship efforts to cleanse the airwaves of all bad news that could hurt investment and tourism. Tila Ortiz is obviously willing to do her part, but she's not even a Mexicana- she just said she was. You can lie in Mexico to steal land and rip off fellow Americans- but dare tell the truth and you're out. But that isn't even what this Cable 154 interview was about... it was about a Texanas revenge.

We gave the TV Station a stamped letter to the PGJE saying: Tila Ortiz lost her land case, that the existing eviction order should be executed, and that we anticipate acts of revenge from Tila Ortiz. We're weren't psychic- we just knew what we were dealing with after 6 years. The stamped letter to Rosarito PGJE: Nava_PGJE_OCT_22_2012.pdf

: :

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-18-13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-18-13, 08:09 PM   #15
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Woooosh;37892]good point. I didn't take the bait, but let's have the discussion.

I don't see how the "United Society of Baja California" and "the Baja Image Committee" benefit from deporting an ex-pat who is creating programs to identify safe real estate investments for American investors and built the "2013 Home of the Year" in Baja"?

YOU know the problem They don't want any publicity Good or Bad that would have a negative impact on their Scam..
Old 08-18-13, 08:40 PM   #16
Woooosh

[QUOTE=J.P.;37893]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
good point. I didn't take the bait, but let's have the discussion.

YOU know the problem They don't want any publicity Good or Bad that would have a negative impact on their Scam..
I don't think it's a scam, it's an amoral approach to business I didn't know about until moving here.

My values are a mismatch for what my eyes see and my family experiences here. They're Mexicans and they can't protect the beach and their ocean view while holding the legal federal zone concession title; so what chance does a gringo retiree have? Nada. It's not just American investors suffering- they hurt their fellow Mexicans too. The illegal tower that went up near me took the home values, views and sunlight from the dozens of homes behind it - including the house of the new Mayor of Rosarito Beach. It's been painful to watch actually, if that makes any sense. The Mexican families we meet out front enjoying the beach are very nice and are worthy of our efforts on their behalf. None of the land or violence problems we've had was with a Mexican, unless you count the criminal "deportees" and their white trash tag along families.

Today some 50% of Baja properties have land title problems (most all on ejidos) and 17 coastal condo developments remain unfinished due to lack of demand. There are some new/proposed laws regarding Article 27 we are watching that could improve the investment climate in a rather quick fashion.

So I'm not giving up until they throw me out, besides- we'll still have to sell this house if I'm deported huh?

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-18-13 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-19-13, 07:12 AM   #17
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Amazing.

Anybody who really knows you and truly understands the depth of your relationship with Baja/Mexico would laugh at the accusations. I have had a couple of really good con artists stir up trouble in my own life over the years - one in business and the other married into the family. Both were extremely talented at convincing others of their con and drawing sympathy unto themselves.

In business it was a husband-wife team and it ended up costing us nearly a quarter million to get rid of them. The other was much more expensive as it is a long process to rebuild he damage they caused over the years to what once were close family ties. All their lies and manipulation were finally exposed to the rest of the family a few years back and today they are totally ostracized.

It is very hard when you fall prey to such talented con artists but I applaud your conviction and discipline in the way you are handling yourself. Two things you can count on - even though it may take time, the truth always comes out eventually and karma is a bitch!

Suerte amigo - you are among friends here...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 08-19-13, 04:04 PM   #18
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Amazing.

Anybody who really knows you and truly understands the depth of your relationship with Baja/Mexico would laugh at the accusations. I have had a couple of really good con artists stir up trouble in my own life over the years - one in business and the other married into the family. Both were extremely talented at convincing others of their con and drawing sympathy unto themselves.

In business it was a husband-wife team and it ended up costing us nearly a quarter million to get rid of them. The other was much more expensive as it is a long process to rebuild he damage they caused over the years to what once were close family ties. All their lies and manipulation were finally exposed to the rest of the family a few years back and today they are totally ostracized.

It is very hard when you fall prey to such talented con artists but I applaud your conviction and discipline in the way you are handling yourself. Two things you can count on - even though it may take time, the truth always comes out eventually and karma is a bitch!

Suerte amigo - you are among friends here...
We let her into our home as a friend until we figured out what she was and what she was doing- and then she turned on us. Sorry you've had to deal with con artists in your life. These people are dark and hollow inside and they can't be fixed. Tila Ortiz had her Texas teacher's license revoked for contract fraud- once they lie on paper it gets easier for them the next time even if they don't always get away with it. Lucky us, she landed in Baja.

We're in for a rough ride in Rosarito Beach with the crime stats going beserk. The Image of Baja is actually better than today's reality and those groups should leave well enouph alone until the dust settles after this crime wave passes. Here' we go again...

Thanks for the support. Stay safe down there amigo.

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-19-13 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-23-13, 01:01 PM   #19
Woooosh

This story got a little more strange...

At an expat meeting yesterday Tila Ortiz confronted the incoming Mayor of Rosarito and demanded to know his position on homosexuality (we are a gay married couple) referring to me by name and using it as a negative about us living in Rosarito Beach. To his credit- Silvano Macklis didn't take the bait. I suppose since her on-line attacks on us started with gay taunts I should have seen this coming. Does she not realize gay marriage is legal in parts of México and Hugo Torres was trying to promote tourism to GLBT groups? I don't think her clubs ( "Baja Image Committee" and the "United Society of Baja California" ) share her anti-gay stance- the head of the GLBT Community is a USBC member. I seriously doubt the USBC wants all gays kicked out of Baja. Is there anything Tila Ortiz will not do or say to get us our of her way? Talk about spewing hate. sheesh.

Truthfully this is every expats worst nightmare. You build a nice house on the beach in Baja and apply for the federal zone concession title. Then a well connected con artist takes over the beach and uses the police to protect her from being evicted for six years (she teaches them English). Then Tila Ortiz takes the federal zone signs down and lists it for sale for $199K in California saying she has the title (we have it in our safe). Then comes the personal attacks, gay hating and deportation threats that claim I am anti-Mexico. Well, we did tell the truth about every step of this saga (with video). Does it make Rosarito Beach look good, no. But is it the truth- sadly yes.

Anyone want to sign up for that retirement experience in Baja? Did I mention we are legally required to pay for the land she in on for the past six years? Yup, she doesn't pay a single peso.

Last edited by Woooosh; 08-23-13 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-23-13, 02:28 PM   #20
longlegsinlapaz

You & Alonzo are paying the property taxes + the concession??? Then evict her burro!!!! And doze the structure for good measure, preferably right after she refuses to leave!