General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 11-19-13, 08:10 AM   #1
quail333

quail333 is on a distinguished road

Default Rosarito Beach Cam

A few months back forum members were kind enough to give me suggestions about a proposed surf trip to Rosarito, it never happened but I have been enjoying the blogs and am sorry about the problems for the Mexican people. Sitting out here in Joshua Tree it was great fun to watch the Rosarito Beach Webcam courtesy of The Rosarito Inn Condominium Hotel, and now it has been gone for a few months. It really gave me a positive impression of Rosarito and made me want to visit in spite of the problems because you could see how tranquilo it looked. My suggestion is for somebody with some pull to get that webcam working again, as they say one picture is worth a thousand words. Also, Joshua Tree is a great fall back area for people like Marjorie Ann or Whoosh, good value and amazingly unspoiled. Cheers
Old 11-20-13, 07:04 AM   #2
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Rosarito Beach Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by quail333
A few months back forum members were kind enough to give me suggestions about a proposed surf trip to Rosarito, it never happened but I have been enjoying the blogs and am sorry about the problems for the Mexican people. Sitting out here in Joshua Tree it was great fun to watch the Rosarito Beach Webcam courtesy of The Rosarito Inn Condominium Hotel, and now it has been gone for a few months. It really gave me a positive impression of Rosarito and made me want to visit in spite of the problems because you could see how tranquilo it looked. My suggestion is for somebody with some pull to get that webcam working again, as they say one picture is worth a thousand words. Also, Joshua Tree is a great fall back area for people like Marjorie Ann or Whoosh, good value and amazingly unspoiled. Cheers
I will do some checking around for new camera feeds. The new mayor is very pro-tourism and will see the value in beach cams. My beach cameras are internet viewable, but I haven't been able to seperate the private and public cameras at our home for the video feed to be made public yet. I may have to buy a seperate IP server for them.
Old 11-20-13, 09:08 AM   #3
quail333

Just saying but that view from the Rosarito Inn Condominium Hotel was excellent, thanks.
Old 11-21-13, 08:17 AM   #4
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by quail333
Just saying but that view from the Rosarito Inn Condominium Hotel was excellent, thanks.
sorry- I'm "customer experience" driven out of habit....
Old 11-21-13, 10:16 AM   #5
quail333

A beach cam is a very cost effective way for businesses or entrepreneurs to bring traffic to their website, it is a WIN WIN.
Old 11-27-13, 03:26 PM   #6
kboy24

kboy24 is on a distinguished road

Surf in Rosarito????
Old 01-28-14, 03:23 PM   #7
quail333

Yes, it looks like there is surf and compared to Los Angeles South Bay very good. Thanks to whoever put the cam back up, it is good.

http://187.184.220.2:1024/view/viewer_index.shtml?
Old 01-28-14, 03:26 PM   #8
quail333

Actually this view is best.

http://187.184.220.2:1025/view/viewer_index.shtml?
Old 01-28-14, 07:02 PM   #9
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Is it just me or is it real slow to come up???

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 01-29-14, 08:51 AM   #10
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Is it just me or is it real slow to come up???
It's a tad slow for me too.

btw: For those folks interested in the remote viewing of their homes a new product and service is available called Dropcam - Wi-Fi Video Monitoring with Cloud Recording. Setup in Minutes.. It's a simple set-up high def camera with zoom that uses your WiFi connection, gives you cloud storage of recorded events and allows to you watch your home/business in real time anywher in the world from your smart phone. The base cost is $149 (on special) for a 4x zoom camera and $9.99 a month for 7 day event storage. A wide-view cam with 8x zoom is a an upgrade, as is 30 day cloud storage. Techonoly is your friend, or can be at times...
Old 01-29-14, 09:24 AM   #11
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
It's a tad slow for me too.

btw: For those folks interested in the remote viewing of their homes a new product and service is available called Dropcam - Wi-Fi Video Monitoring with Cloud Recording. Setup in Minutes.. It's a simple set-up high def camera with zoom that uses your WiFi connection, gives you cloud storage of recorded events and allows to you watch your home/business in real time anywher in the world from your smart phone. The base cost is $149 (on special) for a 4x zoom camera and $9.99 a month for 7 day event storage. A wide-view cam with 8x zoom is a an upgrade, as is 30 day cloud storage. Techonoly is your friend, or can be at times...
Wow! That is a very good price for the system. What I really like is using remote storage of the video; even if the crooks tear down the camera and take it, the filmed event remains secure up to and including the moment they take it down.

Nice...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic