General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 05-23-10, 12:14 PM   #1
BrettT

BrettT is on a distinguished road

Default Best and Worst places to live, Baja Norte

I have lived in Mexico for many years and I have lived and owned in some great areas and some really bad ones. I have always felt there was a need to let people coming down here know if they're getting into a bad area. One where the owner is going to sell the property out from under or simply ignore there clients or even take advantage of them

Areas where theft is a problem and where it's not. Some places have great security some have none

There are also some great areas of course or none of us would live here.

Frankly I think you could donate a website to this topic

Currently we live in Campo Torres just south of San Antonio next Baja Malibu. CT is a very pretty place to live the beach is wonderful, the people are great, and because we have a huge fence around our property we haven't had to much trouble with break in's. But the owner is very tough to deal with, when you can deal with her. She does virtually nothing to keep the property up and doesn't care at all about her land.
Water is an ongoing problem as she won't hook us to city water and keeps trying to cut us off.
She makes life very difficult for herself.
For all that I do like living here as we don't have to deal with her much as she generally stays away.
Old 05-24-10, 07:44 AM   #2
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Best and Worst places to live, Baja Norte

Thank you for such valuable insight on this "site" ...
Old 05-24-10, 08:25 AM   #3
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettT
But the owner is very tough to deal with, when you can deal with her. She does virtually nothing to keep the property up and doesn't care at all about her land.
That can be one of the problems with second generation Beach Camp proprietors. Most I've seen don't feel obligated to honor the words of their father after he passes on.
I met Sr. Torres around fifteen years back in his Campo and he seemed like a fine gentelman. I'm assuming he's history.
Whoever has taken over control of the property only sees the place as a cash-cow and I'd be looking for further deterioration in the relationship down the road. What I mean is, I wouldn't wait until she decides her tenants in Campo Torres are going to buy her a house in La Jolla, Ca. It's time to consider the future.
Another thing to consider is the economy. It's bound to improve and the better it gets, the more desireable that property will be to developers. Nobody will be spared and nobody will be reimbursed. Don't let anybody tell you different.
Old 05-24-10, 08:34 AM   #4
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Brett.

You must know my old friend Bob, then.
Old 06-23-10, 11:11 AM   #5
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

I have known a lot of folks over the years that lived down at Campo Torres. Somewhere I heard that the property was bought by the owners/developers of Rancho del Mar; the property located directly east of Campo Torres across the toll road and back up on the hill a few hundred yards.

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 06-23-10, 11:15 AM   #6
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
That can be one of the problems with second generation Beach Camp proprietors. Most I've seen don't feel obligated to honor the words of their father after he passes on.
I met Sr. Torres around fifteen years back in his Campo and he seemed like a fine gentelman. I'm assuming he's history.
Whoever has taken over control of the property only sees the place as a cash-cow and I'd be looking for further deterioration in the relationship down the road. What I mean is, I wouldn't wait until she decides her tenants in Campo Torres are going to buy her a house in La Jolla, Ca. It's time to consider the future.
Another thing to consider is the economy. It's bound to improve and the better it gets, the more desireable that property will be to developers. Nobody will be spared and nobody will be reimbursed. Don't let anybody tell you different.
Excellent point .... absolutely no one..