General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 09-08-10, 09:15 AM   #1
DianaT

DianaT is on a distinguished road

Default Bahia Asuncion Community Web Site- NEW

We are proud to announce the New Community Website for Bahia Asuncion, Baja California Sur. It has been such a privilege assisting the community in putting this together. It has been a new experience for all of us.

It is far from complete and does suffer from some glitches---some our fault and some glitches with the hosting company, but with fishing season beginning, we all wanted to share it now.

The goal is to provide equal information for all the services in Bahia Asuncion ---all the licensed fishing guides, all the eateries, etc. and basic information about many other services.

Please check it out and everyone involved hopes to see you all fishing or enjoying our other activities in Bahia Asuncion. Right now lots of halibut from shore and the yellowtail have arrived. However, fishing is not the only reason to visit Bahia Asuncion. It is a beautiful place with lots of activities available.

Bahia Asuncion, BCS, Mexico - Home The link is great! But when just typing it, please use the name bahiaasuncion dot org or dot net. And do check it often for updates and changes. It is a work in progress.

With the completion of the pavement into our village, and the repair of the road from Vizcaino to the turn-off for Bahia Asuncion, it is easier for campers, trailers and motorhomes to visit. There will be more information about camping on the site very soon. However, there is one fee campground with a dumping station, another one with a spectacular view right above the ocean---and free if you fish with Kalicolocos, and many places where you can park your RV for free----it is a very safe place.

Thank you and hope to see you when you are in Bahia Asuncion

John and Diana Trotter

Last edited by DianaT; 09-08-10 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-08-10, 12:35 PM   #2
oladulce

oladulce is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bahia Asuncion Community Web Site- NEW

Nice job on the website Diana. It's visually appealing and easy to navigate. I look forward to reading some of the stories later on and maybe you could add a little blurb about the town's history, current population, etc (you know, in your spare time, ha ha).

I think it's interesting how these smaller pueblos came to be. I've tried to find out a bit about the history of our town and the roots of some of the long-time residents but either I've been asking the wrong people or there aren't a lot of historians keeping track of those things because I get a lot of "no sé" even when I ask people about their own relatives.
Old 09-08-10, 02:26 PM   #3
Gruñón

Gruñón is on a distinguished road

I see there is no back to the top button BUT........

for those that might not be aware when you have a web site open ...

Use the HOME button on your key board to return to the top of the page.

Use the END button on your key board to go to the bottom of the page.
Old 09-08-10, 05:49 PM   #4
DianaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruñón
I see there is no back to the top button BUT........

for those that might not be aware when you have a web site open ...

Use the HOME button on your key board to return to the top of the page.

Use the END button on your key board to go to the bottom of the page.
Thank you for that hint. Right now with the program we are using, "the drag and drop create a webpage program for the webpage challenged" we cannot create buttons like that---I asked the techs because someone else suggested it. I asked the same techs who by now I know are all sitting in a little room from where the live chat is created, screaming, OH NO, IT IS HER AGAIN.

So, for now, thanks for the home and end hint.

Oladulce, it is coming, it is coming......can't believe the issues I have had so far. But as far as the history goes, we have a some local friends who just love to tell the history and they are very proud of the history, even though as one says when BA first started and he was a young boy, there was nothing there except pulgas y coyotes. I am just really excited to get to writing!

Thanks
Old 09-09-10, 09:03 AM   #5
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

That is great Diane - congrats on the project! If you haven't been involved in such a project it is hard to understand all the work that goes into it. Such a website is not just the formatting and publishing but trying to coordinate all the information and input from all the different parties who want to be included without stepping on the toes of anyone - an almost impossible task normally but it appears you have done a top notch job!

I have been asked by some here in San Quintin to do a similar project for our area. One day, when I don't have anything else to do...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 09-09-10, 01:52 PM   #6
DianaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
That is great Diane - congrats on the project! If you haven't been involved in such a project it is hard to understand all the work that goes into it. Such a website is not just the formatting and publishing but trying to coordinate all the information and input from all the different parties who want to be included without stepping on the toes of anyone - an almost impossible task normally but it appears you have done a top notch job!

I have been asked by some here in San Quintin to do a similar project for our area. One day, when I don't have anything else to do...

Thanks Ron,
And yes, since so many of these people are our friends, it does become a balancing act to provide equal coverage. We know that several of them would really like us to recommend their business or service over others, but we are all being very careful to avoid that. We sincerely hope MANY businesses and services benefit from this exposure---it is the common goal of those involved in this project.

But somewhere along the line, someone will be unhappy---don't think that can ever be avoided, but so far, the website is receiving very positive feedback from the community and we can only hope that will continue.

Added a camping page---needs refinement and working on bikes, surfing, etc. One of the community backers of the project did ask us if we realized how much time this project would consume. Since we have never done this before, we smiled and said we couldn't imagine it would take that much time.

Back to work!