Baja Border Crossing San Ysidro-Tecate-Mexicali / Sentri and Ready Lane

Old 01-08-12, 08:14 PM   #1
skipowell

skipowell is on a distinguished road

Default Ready to renew but can't seem to do it online

Wow has time flown by. Realized it is time to start the renewal process but can't find the renew button on my GOES account. I called the local office and of course the helpful people they are they said just try again in a few weeks or come in to the office.

Can anyone who has renewed share if they were able to start the process online. Ours expire June 5th. According to the website you can renew a year in advanced and I a trying to do it with 5 months just in case there is a hiccup

Thanks
Old 01-08-12, 09:33 PM   #2
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ready to renew but can't seem to do it online

cbp.goes.support@dhs.gov .... looked myself, can't see the renewal button either... at least ya got their email ...

Where's that guy that knows everything ... Terry ..

Ok ... back to Gun Smoke ...

Last edited by wessongroup; 01-08-12 at 09:35 PM. Reason: after thought
Old 01-09-12, 08:33 AM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

First, go to the GOES WEB site.

Once at the WEB site, sign in using your User ID and Password...............

If you do not have a GOES user account, then you will need to register to obtain a GOES User Id. When you register, make sure that you provide your membership number. Your membership number will give you access to your program membership information. Your program expiration date will be displayed on your GOES home page.

Once you have signed in, you will be taken to your personal membership page. Look at the grey bar that says PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP.

This should dispaly "Trusted Traveler Program"....then list your SENTRI card number, then show "Renewal Date".......then in a Blue Box, "Manage Membership"

Click on the blue box and you should see a renewal option.........follow the instructions....

The System will verify that your information matches what you provided when you first enrolled in the program. Once the verification process is complete, the options will then be available to you by clicking on the specific program membership link.

Last edited by Teniente; 01-09-12 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-16-12, 03:48 PM   #4
skipowell

Teniente
Thanks for your response. Very detailed, unfortunately it didn't help. I am registered and on the top bar after I get the the manage membership page I don't have a renew option. I can get new decals, add or drop a car, sign up for some other program but not renew. I tried calling the Sentries office again, looks like I have to go in to set an appointment. Oh well, it is worth it for having access to the line.
Old 01-16-12, 04:19 PM   #5
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Skip

Go to the walk-in office in SY, by the duty free shops......just walk in and ask for help at the counter. I have heard that they are more "user friendly" than Otay Mesa.
Old 01-21-12, 10:59 AM   #6
skipowell

I tried emailing sentri@cbp.dhs.gov and actually got a call back with a real human.

Also got good news. A couple years back we added on the Global Access to our Sentri card for international airport travel, apparently they are going to now make our Sentri cards and Global access expire together which means they are going to extend our Sentri card expiration to match the Global Entry. So we have to go to the Otay office and pay $25 for a new Sentri Card with the new expiration date. Pretty good deal as they are extending the card 3 years. There was no charge to get the global access added back when we did this. Bad news is that we have to bring new current documentation. Bank statement, taxes, passprts ect., but it will be worth it.
Old 01-23-12, 03:39 PM   #7
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

I really think they should just incorporate both programs. I have used both programs and couldn't figure out why they differentiate the programs based on how you enter the US?

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 02-09-12, 09:44 PM   #8
skipowell

Sentri update

A few weeks ago, I actually spoke to a real live person who responded to my email and we scheduled an appointment for February 7th as we were unable to renew on line.
We went to the office on the 7th and guess what, no record of our appointment.
after an hour wait we did get to talk with the superintendent who after we shared what was going on, said he would get someone to help us as we had to do it on line. No one would believe that we didn't have the option. Very nice person helped and he to was unable to do it. Bottom line is that are finally merging the Global access and the Sentri. it seems that we got caught in the middle.
At first they wanted us to cancel our Sentri access and then reapply for Global access, which will now be accepted at the Sentri lane. This would mean we would be with out our Sentri card for the processing time. It also meant that we would have to go back to the sentri office once we have been re-approved and do the whole interview thing then.
After a lot of discusision, it was finally decided that they could sign us up for the new Global Access card ('our global access is attached to our passport not a card) and then it when it is issued it would override our Sentri card. They made us pay $100 each to do this and it will only be good till 2015 when our initial Global access is set to expire.
Good news is that Gobal access renewals can be done in other places than just the border. My sister did hers in LA somewhere by LAX. I think I will be driving up there for that next time.
People were really friendly at the Sentri office but I don't think they really know how to handle the constant changing program. We would get a different answer every 5 minutes.
I am crossing my fingers that this is going to solve our problem.
We should know in the next month or so. Is anyone else dealing with this??
Old 02-28-12, 08:59 PM   #9
skipowell

Got new Global card in mail last week
No problem using in Sentri line

Ready for this Sentri card cost $125
Global card which has more access ( airport and Sentri) $100

Why Would anyone get a Sentri nowadays??
Old 02-29-12, 08:10 AM   #10
Zoesterone

Zoesterone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipowell
Got new Global card in mail last week
No problem using in Sentri line

Ready for this Sentri card cost $125
Global card which has more access ( airport and Sentri) $100

Why Would anyone get a Sentri nowadays??
And can global be applied for online? I assume it can,but thought I'd check.
Old 02-29-12, 11:24 PM   #11
skipowell

I believe you can apply for Global online also.
Another feature of the Global is that it can be done at locations other that the border. My sister is in LA and is taking care of it at LAX.