General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 05-16-13, 08:02 PM   #1
cbad101

cbad101 is on a distinguished road

Default Buying furniture in Rosarito area

Can anyone suggest a good place to find custom furniture in the Rosarito area? I am looking for a traditional wood door and a large dining table for our house. Thank you
Old 05-16-13, 08:06 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Buying furniture in Rosarito area

Are you looking for high end or low budget? Modern or traditional? Only new or would used be possible?

And welcome to the forum...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-16-13, 08:11 PM   #3
cbad101

I am looking for a good price on a good quality traditional custom wooden door. It may be possible to go with a used one as we are going to be modifying our entry doorway either way. As to the table, we don't know exactly what we want yet but are getting ideas.
Old 05-16-13, 08:12 PM   #4
cbad101

Also, thanks for the welcome. I just ran found the forum today. I like it!
Old 05-16-13, 08:18 PM   #5
cbad101

Hmm, not sure why my earlier reply didn't show up - i'll try again. I am looking for a good price on a good quality, custom traditional wooden door. We may be open to used as we'll need to modify the entry doorway regardless. As for the table, also traditional, medium to darker wood. We're not sure exactly whatwe want there, but are getting some ideas
Old 05-16-13, 08:44 PM   #6
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Rosarito Beach Shopping Directory

I would also look at the Mercado Artesanal in Tijuana which runs just south of the east end of Avenida Internacional as you drive from Playas to the the San Ysidro border.

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-16-13, 09:26 PM   #7
Doc Rey

Doc Rey is on a distinguished road

Welcome. Nice, well made doors @ marcos-sa.com. They're in T.J. Bought real nice, cathedral-type (tempered glass & wrought iron) entry doors for my home stateside.
Old 05-16-13, 10:50 PM   #8
cbad101

Thank you BajaGringo and Doc Rey

I will check out both shops in TJ and the Rosarito Directory
Old 05-17-13, 09:35 AM   #9
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad101
Thank you BajaGringo and Doc Rey

I will check out both shops in TJ and the Rosarito Directory
Got your U2U. I will take a drive on Blvd. Popotla in Rosarito (Artisans Blvd) and see who is still open and making wood doors.
Old 05-17-13, 12:47 PM   #10
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

There's a place in Ensenada called Sterling's if they don't have what you want provide picture or drawing and they will make it for you.
I had them make a couple pieces to match some I bought 15 years ago in Texas and you cant tell the old from the new.
Old 05-17-13, 01:56 PM   #11
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Fausto Planco on the main street in Rosarito has beautiful, hacienda type furniture but is not cheap, however you get what you pay for.
Old 05-17-13, 02:57 PM   #12
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Fausto Planco on the main street in Rosarito has beautiful, hacienda type furniture but is not cheap, however you get what you pay for.
They have beautiful stuff and take credit cards- full retail though. Fausto has opened a retail store in San Diego near the pyramid at Miramar to serve those who won't make the drive down to Rosarito. Custom furniture moves to the north Page 1 of 2 | UTSanDiego.com

I poked around Blvd. Popotla (The Rosarito Artisan's Boulevard) today and saw a couple people still making wood furniture and one place making custom doors. So there are a few left.

Here is the door shop. Directly across the street from Las Palmas. You can grab the phone number from the photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG

Views:	32

Size:	3.38 MB

ID:	3598

Name:	002.JPG

Views:	34

Size:	3.47 MB

ID:	3599

A few months ago someone was asking about Auto Upholstery shops in Rosarito. This shop always has classic cars they are working on for restorations. We only used them to re-cover some equipalas.

Name:	004.JPG

Views:	33

Size:	3.17 MB

ID:	3600
Old 05-18-13, 07:50 AM   #13
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Casa Rustica

We provided a photo and some measurements, and the product was done in three weeks to our specifications. Owner speaks english. Rustic Furniture in Baja California - About us

Casa Rustica
We manufacture custom designed furniture, any style. We invite you to visit our store and show us your personal design and well make it for you.
Blvd. Popotla Km. 28.5
Ph. 011-52 (661) 613-1980.
casarustica@afamaro.com

Additionally, there are several custom furniture and door shops in Popotla, just have to visit and check them out.
Old 05-23-13, 09:02 PM   #14
skipowell

skipowell is on a distinguished road

I agree with Tiente with his recommendation
We had Casa Rustica make a dining table, 8 chairs, two beds and 2 chest of drawers and a beautiful mirror for us. Everything came out perfect. I was a bit nervous about leaving a deposit but everything was ready on time and he even delivered for us as we didn't have a truck the day he had it done. Only bad thing is the owner is a Raider fan!

We got a few pieces at Fausto's and I still go though the store regularly to get accessories. Problem with Fausto's is you have to have an enormous home as a lot of items are on a grand size scale. But I love my coffee table and a few chairs I found there not to mention my beautiful bedspread. Fausto's is the only store my husband will go into, he is not a shopper but loves this store.
Good luck