Baja Real Estate Property for sale and rentals

Old 04-17-09, 10:03 AM   #1
blowhole

blowhole is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Vacation Rental Houses & Sportfising in Bahia Asuncion

Hola Amigos...If you like off the beaten track places with gorgeous beaches, excellent fishing and a sweet, safe village with super friendly locals...visit us in Bahia Asuncion! We have several vacation rentals from one to 4 bedroom ...something for every taste and budget. All our casas are fully furnished with hot showers..except for our rustic beach cabin in San roque. We also offer camping facilities at Campo Sirena...with power, water, a clubhouse, wireless internet on the beach as well as long term RV rental space.

My husband Juan Arce operates a sportsfishing company with 3 pangas for year round fishing for yellowtail, dorado, tuna, big calicos and other bottom fish or tour the islands.
[attachment=0:3625qpwp]skipyt1.jpg[/attachment:3625qpwp]
See our website for photos, prices and info on our village. we pride ourselves on great service so come on out and let us show you around this incredible area....hasta pronto amigos.
Old 04-29-09, 10:34 PM   #2
k-pasa

k-pasa is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Vacation Rental Houses & Sportfising in Bahia Asuncion

So when do the tuna start biting? Is it based on water temperature or more just time of the year?
Old 04-30-09, 09:45 AM   #3
blowhole

our fishing season starts in mid august when the water temps warm up...tuna and dorado depend on warm water temps...so best bet is in sept-dec...we had an outrageous tuna season last summer!!! tuna, dorado and yellowtail limits in an hour! thanks for asking and hope to see ya sometime
Old 04-30-09, 09:51 AM   #4
beachbum

beachbum is on a distinguished road

How far a drive is it from the border to Bahia Asuncion? Can you drive it in one day?
Old 04-30-09, 10:11 AM   #5
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Shari, I was surprised to hear that the "real fishing" begins in August. I could have sworn that I had overheard some of the locals tell me that it started in July in our area. Is there a difference in the currents or is this just talking fish heads??

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 04-30-09, 10:17 AM   #6
blowhole

I do believe that it is later here because of the currents...our water doesnt warm up till mid august but stays warm till february.
Lots of people do drive here in one day from the border...just gotta leave early to get here around 5-6.
Old 04-30-09, 01:56 PM   #7
BajaGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowhole
I do believe that it is later here because of the currents...our water doesnt warm up till mid august but stays warm till february.
Lots of people do drive here in one day from the border...just gotta leave early to get here around 5-6.
Well, I hear that Diane likes to stop overnight in San Quintin at Jardines Baja, so which is it? Do the Trotters just drive slow or do they like to sleep in???

:P :P :P

Old 04-30-09, 02:31 PM   #8
expat

expat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
Well, I hear that Diane likes to stop overnight in San Quintin at Jardines Baja, so which is it? Do the Trotters just drive slow or do they like to sleep in???

Trust me on this. John T. does not drive slow.
Even the tour bus get out of his way when and if they see him coming.
Old 04-30-09, 02:48 PM   #9
BajaGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Quote:

Trust me on this. John T. does not drive slow.
Even the tour bus get out of his way when and if they see him coming.
Thanks for the warning!!!

Old 05-01-09, 05:23 PM   #10
beachbum

beachbum is on a distinguished road

I tend to drive a bit fast when I am going solo but the navigator onboard makes me keep it under 60 in Baja. She also requires frequent pit stops for fish tacos, snacks, pepsi, trinkets and fresh fruit. So a one day drive might not be in the cards. If we decide to make it in two days, where do you suggest we make camp the first night. We probably won't come down in the motor home the first time so we will need a place with a nice motel. I think Motel 6 is top notch. Wifey is kind of pickey. You get the idea. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-01-09, 05:54 PM   #11
blowhole

most of our clients stay at baja Cactus which is totally awesome..and very economical...a 5 star place at 2 star price! It's in el Rosario just beside the Pemex station. Or some make it to Catavinia to the pink little hotel on the left...OK for a sleep but summer is probably too hot there. Or if you make it to guerrero negro...there are lots of cheap and good hotels...call me when ya get there and I can suggest one...or if ya make it to Vizcaino, the Olivia is excellent and cheap and there is a great restaurant a block away...martitas.
Old 05-02-09, 01:15 AM   #12
k-pasa

k-pasa is on a distinguished road

So it looks like the best time to head down to your neck of the woods is in September or October? What are the average daytime highs and lows that time of year? How much does it cost per day for room and board? Or is it just the room?
Old 05-02-09, 07:39 AM   #13
blowhole

OUr daytime temps are lovely and not too hot...between 80-90 with a nice breeze in the afternoons...november is even nicer and not quite so hot with lots of big fish around.
Check out our website for prices as they vary depending on the type of place you want to rent...just a room with shower and bathroom start at $25 and each house has different prices...some are very fancy and some are not so fancy so it really depends what you like...or what the wife likes!!!
the wives really like the beach house cause they can enjoy the beach while you are out fishing and kids of course love it too...see ya this summer.
Old 05-02-09, 08:42 AM   #14
BajaGringo

There is another option while traveling down and back from Bahia Asuncion to give you a shorter second day drive both ways: Stay at Antonio's place (Baja Cactus) in El Rosario on the way down and at Guillermo and Carmen's place (Jardines Baja) in San Quintin on the way back. I found out that Antonio and Guillermo are good friends so I am sure they won't mind.

Both are very nice, giving you a lot for your money - very accommodating.

Baja Cactus in El Rosario

Jardines Baja in San Quintin

Cristina and I are planning a trip down when we get the new place done. Really looking forward to it Shari!

Old 05-02-09, 08:54 AM   #15
blowhole

woo hoo...cant wait to see you and mi amiga Cristina...we'll roll out the red tapete amigos and give you the royal treatment!!!
Old 08-07-13, 02:43 PM   #16
pats

pats is on a distinguished road

Wow. There is a lot of information about baja and places to stay. Thanks for the info.