General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 05-08-12, 07:35 AM   #1
bmw_721

bmw_721 is on a distinguished road

Confused Wrecked my truck near San Quintin, looking for a ride and or somewhere to store my gear

I unfortunately rolled my truck yesterday south of El Rosario, and it is undriveable, or fixable for that matter. I am currently in San Quintin and am looking for a ride North to San Diego for myself and my dog. Also have mixed feeling of whether or not to leave my belongings in the truck in the impound until I return to get them, hopefully in less than a week. I am from Canada, so my plan was to buy a vehicle in San Diego area, and then return for my stuff. Any help or advice on the subject is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-08-12, 08:41 AM   #2
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wrecked my truck near San Quintin, looking for a ride and or somewhere to store my gea

I'd second that idea of contacting Irene @ Posada Don Diego; not too far north of San Quintín.

Email Address: posadadondiego@yahoo.com
Telephone (US): (619) 947-2187

Home

Hello Everyone - TalkBaja.com - Baja Mexico Travel, Living and Retirement

Ron Hoff, our forum host here @ talkbaja lives a ways west of San Quintín and will probably chime in with some suggestions-help, but he's a busy man and might not check in until this evening.
Old 05-08-12, 10:30 AM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wrecked my truck near San Quintin, looking for a ride and or somewhere to store my gea

BMW - check you private messages...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-08-12, 10:30 AM   #4
bmw_721

Thank you very much! I sent Irene an email, so we'll see where that goes. I also had a suggestion to have the truck towed to US so I can actually get something for the parts. Everyone here is offering me $100.... Insurance may cover it, which would then solve the problem of a ride and my gear, but somewhat doubt they will cover it.
Old 05-08-12, 10:47 AM   #5
BajaGringo

We made contact - leaving the house now to meet up...

Old 05-08-12, 10:51 AM   #6
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

I'm just south of Ensenada if I can be of any help.....like room to store your personal stuff.
Old 05-08-12, 03:10 PM   #7
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

I'm sure that BG will also advise BMW_721 about the specific legalities of abandoning a non-Mexican plated vehicle SOB.............& the unofficial as well!
Old 05-08-12, 06:59 PM   #8
bmw_721

Thanks for the help everyone! Have a place to store my stuff and way back to US, and go from there! Again huge thanks to everyone with their advice and help!
Old 05-09-12, 01:35 PM   #9
BajaGringo

Met up with Brad yesterday - really nice guy who had a bad accident south of El Rosario where he rolled his Toyota pickup. After seeing the truck yesterday I think he should thank his lucky stars that both he and Zac came out OK. His truck is secure, all his gear is stored out here at our place and after spending the night here we got him on a bus heading north early this AM. Once he gets another vehicle he will return for his gear and Zac, a wonderful aussie who is taking a vacation out here with our menagerie in the meantime.

Thanks everybody for offers of help and advice...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac.jpg

Views:	36

Size:	737.8 KB

ID:	3163  

Old 05-10-12, 12:00 AM   #10
longlegsinlapaz

Way to go BG!! The SQ Rescue Brigade, always on alert!
Old 05-10-12, 05:40 AM   #11
surfingbodi

surfingbodi is on a distinguished road

wow - zac looks like a sweetie! good luck brad. i did the same but in the states a few years back on ice in the mountains. my toyota undoubtedly saved my life. hang in there. remember how lucky you are.
Old 05-10-12, 05:43 AM   #12
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

That scenario is something I worry about each time I head North. We drive North one or two times a year. Much less expensive to drag our RV up and camp rather than flying, and hotels. It's nice to know there's a support network out there in case something does happen.
Old 05-10-12, 06:34 AM   #13
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Zac looks like he misses his dad.
Old 05-10-12, 08:42 AM   #14
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

WOW, bet that bed is really getting crowded...

Super job ... to all
Old 05-10-12, 09:41 AM   #15
BajaGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez
Zac looks like he misses his dad.
He was a bit depressed yesterday but seemed to perk up as the day went on. He did go through a lot but is a very smart, well behaved dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWooo
That scenario is something I worry about each time I head North. We drive North one or two times a year. Much less expensive to drag our RV up and camp rather than flying, and hotels. It's nice to know there's a support network out there in case something does happen.
If any of you will be making the drive up/down the peninsula be sure to drop me a line first and I will give you our contact info in case you should run into any problems.

We know personally how very important a close network of friends can be at times down here...

Old 05-15-12, 01:45 PM   #16
bmw_721

Back down, with a different truck, have my gear and Zac, and all is good! Thanks to everyone for their wonderful help, especially Ron and Cristine, I am very fortunate to have met them! New to these forums, and am so thankful for them, will be checking them often on my travels and try to repay my fortunate luck!
Old 05-15-12, 08:14 PM   #17
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

Really "HAPPY" to hear all worked out.

I bet Zac did a few back flip's
or
Was he unhappy to leave after the spoiling from BajaGringo

SAFE TRIP !
Old 05-26-12, 11:46 AM   #18
bmw_721

There, this is a little more what I had in mind! All back to normal in Baja for Zac and I!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	560471_10151763300510402_1421018558_n.jpg

Views:	47

Size:	110.5 KB

ID:	3203  
Old 05-27-12, 01:25 PM   #19
BajaGringo

Great to hear from you guys! Where is Zac in the picture???

Old 05-27-12, 09:33 PM   #20
longlegsinlapaz

Kinda like "Where's Waldo?", but I'm pretty sure that Zac is behind the towel on the left edge of the pic....I see 3 legs!